• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Ice Cream Sandwiches W/O the Maker?

In summary, the mom is trying to figure out which activity to do for the kids while she and the other moms are doing the demo. Some of the mom's are bringing their "well behaved" kids, so she thought that might be a fun activity. The mom suggests making ice cream sandwiches using softened ice cream with a medium scoop, plopping the ice cream on top of the cookie, taking another cookie on top, and squishing. The mom also experiment at home before doing it in front of the guests.
babywings76
Gold Member
My host for Thursday wants to bake cookies ahead and then make ice cream sandwiches after we finish with the demo. Some of the mom's are bringing their "well behaved" kids and so she thought that might be a fun activity for them to do (if there's enough time). So...being that I don't have the sandwich maker, what do you think would be the best way to go about making these? Would it work to just use softened ice cream with the medium scoop, plop the ice cream on top of the cookie, take another cookie on top and squish? THen the kids can roll the sides around in sprinkles or mini choc. chips. Do you think that will work? Maybe I should experiment here at home before doing it there.

thats how ive always made ice cream sandwiches...
i didnt even realize there was such thing as an ice cream sandwich maker until i started selling pc.

i would try it out at home before making it in front of your guest. but that is how i would make mine too. i still don't own the ice cream maker, but hubby wants me to get it!

Do you have a bread tube? I know we don't have them to sell but there is a recipe on one of the cookbooks that uses the bread tube for ice cream sandwiches.

A few summers ago, the ice cream sandwich maker was a guest special. I made them at every show... that's when I was young and silly and made multiple recipes!!!

Meijer (a grocery store, etc here in Michigan) had just the perfect size cookie. And yes, we scooped out ice cream, plopped it on on top of cookie bottom, pressed cookie top on top, made the sandwich and then let the guests choose what they wanted to roll the edges in. It was messy, but nearly all of my orders that month were $60 and above.

DO NOT use the Medium Scoop. It will break.Use the ice cream dipper.

DebbieJ said:
DO NOT use the Medium Scoop. It will break.

Use the ice cream dipper.

Oh, really?! :eek: Okay, I'll use the ice cream dipper. Thanks for warning me.

1. How do I make ice cream sandwiches without the Pampered Chef maker?

Making ice cream sandwiches without the Pampered Chef maker is easy! All you need is a baking sheet, parchment paper, your favorite cookies, and your choice of ice cream. Simply place a scoop of ice cream between two cookies and press gently to create a sandwich. Then, place the sandwiches on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for at least one hour before serving.

2. Can I use any type of cookie for my ice cream sandwiches?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie for your ice cream sandwiches. However, softer cookies such as chocolate chip or sugar cookies work best as they are easier to bite into. You can also get creative and use different types of cookies for a variety of flavors.

3. How do I prevent my ice cream sandwiches from getting too messy?

To prevent your ice cream sandwiches from getting too messy, you can wrap them individually in plastic wrap and freeze for at least one hour before serving. This will help the cookies stay intact and prevent the ice cream from melting too quickly.

4. Can I make a large batch of ice cream sandwiches at once?

Yes, you can make a large batch of ice cream sandwiches at once. Simply assemble the sandwiches and place them in an airtight container, separating each layer with parchment paper. Then, freeze for at least one hour before serving. This is a great option for parties or gatherings.

5. How long can I keep my homemade ice cream sandwiches in the freezer?

Your homemade ice cream sandwiches can last in the freezer for up to one month if stored properly in an airtight container. However, for the best taste and texture, we recommend consuming them within two weeks of making them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • avyd reader