• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create a Refreshing Lime-Berry Torte - Easy Demo Idea!

In summary, to make a refreshing Lime-Berry Torte, you will need a box of yellow cake mix, melted butter, an egg, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and fresh berries. You can use any brand or type of yellow cake mix and even frozen berries. The prep and baking time for this recipe is approximately 40 minutes, and it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
spoiledchef
Okay, after watching the Spring/Summer DVD, I was driving to pick my son up at preschool. Well, I had a thought...I know SCARY! Anyway, I think you could make a lime-berry torte, and it'd be a GREAT demo as well.

Bake a pound cake (or any cake really I think) using the torte pans. Spread the bottom torte with a key lime (or lime) pudding. Then, add the second torte. Spread the cream cheese mixture (from the Trifle recipe) onto the torte. Top with a mixture of berries and garnish with several lime twists. How cool would that be!?!?

Anyway, I just had to share. Maybe I'll try this at some point. We shall see.

What do you think...sound easy enough?

Sounds really good!! That's a great idea...might have to try it...thanks for sharing!

I'd think the lime mousse for the trifle would be more than enough to fill both layers. But good idea!

I think it would be, too, but I was just thinking for variety in the layers to use the pudding on one. Either way, I'm sure it'll be yummy!

Sounds awesome! I am planning on doing the LBMTrifle for a show on Sunday but adding shaved white chocolate done in the cheese grater on the top - just to show one more popular rool

What ingredients do I need to make a Lime-Berry Torte?

To make a refreshing Lime-Berry Torte, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup of lime juice
  • 1 cup of fresh berries (such as raspberries and blueberries)
  • Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)

Do I have to use a specific type of cake mix for this recipe?

No, you can use any brand or type of yellow cake mix for this recipe. You can also use a homemade yellow cake recipe if you prefer.

Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen berries for this recipe. However, be sure to thaw and drain them before adding them to the torte.

How long does it take to make this torte?

The prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes, and the baking time is approximately 25 minutes. So in total, it should take around 40 minutes to make this Lime-Berry Torte.

Can I make this torte ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this torte ahead of time. It will keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lilscrapmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • natural