• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Margarita Squares Challenge

In summary, the recipe can be made with the Large Stone Bar pan, but the layers will be thin and the bar pan isn't deep enough to make a 1 1/2 batch to compensate.
natural
Gold Member
Ok I want to know if the following recipe can be done with the Large Stone Bar pan...I just made it last night with the DCB and it works, but I don't feel like making it right away again, so if anyone else is up to it...let me know what you think.

Strawberry Margarita Squares
Prep time: 45 minutes Bake time: 10 minutes
Cool time: 30 minutes Chill time: 3 hours

Crust
2 cups (66) fat-free mini-twist pretzels (1 cup crushed)
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
¼ cup sugar
Filling
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese
½ cup thawed, frozen margarita mix concentrate (non-alcoholic)
2 containers (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
½ cup boiling water
1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
Fresh strawberry slices (optional)
Lime slices (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. For crust, finely crush pretzels in resealable plastic bag with Baker’s Roller. Melt butter in Small Micro-Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Add crushed pretzels and sugar; mix well. Press mixture onto bottom of Rectangular Baker. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.

For filling, beat cream cheese and margarita mix in Classic Batter Bowl until well blended. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Using Large Spreader, carefully spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust. Refrigerate while preparing strawberry layer.

Place gelatin in Small Batter Bowl. Stir in boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add frozen strawberries and stir until strawberries separate and gelatin is thickened (a spoon drawn through mixture will leave an impression). Whisk in 3 cups of the whipped topping using Stainless Steel Whisk. Pour over cream cheese layer, spreading to edges. Refrigerate 3 hours to set.

Cut dessert into 15 squares. Garnish each serving with remaining whipped topping using Easy Accent Decorator. Top with fresh strawberry and lime slices, if desired.

Yield: 15 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 330, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber 0 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 4 fat (2 carb, 4 fat)

The Pampered Chef, Delightful Desserts Cookbook, pg 107

Last edited:
I don't think so. The layers would end up too thin to make even, and the bar pan isn't deep enough to make a 1 1/2 batch to compensate.

yeah that was kinda what I thought...thanks for your input..these are really yummy though. And the DCB works, I think I just have a bit thicker bar.

OOOOh ... I heard about these at a cluster meeting, but I wouldn't do them at a show if they have to sit up for 3 hours!

Di_Can_Cook said:
OOOOh ... I heard about these at a cluster meeting, but I wouldn't do them at a show if they have to sit up for 3 hours!
Just make them and take them to a Mexican Margarita show! Or have the host make them....they are soooooooo good!

http://women.evenhealth.com

yes they are yummy~just make sure the cream cheese is "creamed" enough :) Since I already promised them, I will make them here and bring them in a cooler to the show...not sure if I will just make another batch or tell how I made them??? If we are playing bingo then I could shorten the show by just telling how I made them and giving out the recipe ???

What is the "Strawberry Margarita Squares Challenge"?

The "Strawberry Margarita Squares Challenge" is a recipe from Pampered Chef that features a delicious combination of strawberries, cream cheese, and a hint of lime. It is a refreshing and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any summer gathering.

Can I make substitutions in the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the recipe to suit your personal preferences. For example, you can use a different type of fruit instead of strawberries, or use a different type of crust. Just make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly.

What kitchen tools do I need to make this recipe?

To make the "Strawberry Margarita Squares Challenge", you will need a mixing bowl, an electric mixer, a 9x13 inch baking dish, and a knife. You can also use a food processor to make the crust, but it is not necessary.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the "Strawberry Margarita Squares Challenge" ahead of time. It is recommended to make it at least 4 hours before serving, or overnight, to allow time for it to set in the fridge. You can also freeze the squares for up to a month.

Can I double the recipe?

Yes, you can double the recipe if you are serving a larger crowd. Just make sure to use a larger baking dish or make two separate batches. Adjust the baking time accordingly and keep an eye on the squares to ensure they are cooked through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies