• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tropical Dream Trifle...sounds Yummy!

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for Tropical Dream Trifle that was shared by Marla. The recipe calls for frozen pound cake, crushed pineapple, lime, banana, whipped topping, sour cream, powdered sugar, coconut, and kiwi. The assembled trifle is refrigerated before serving and can be made with reduced-fat ingredients. There is also a suggestion to add kiwi slices around the edge of the bowl for presentation.
lilscrapmama
I was just searching through a recommended site and thought this sounded YUMMY, so thought id share...has anyone made this??:)

Tropical Dream Trifle
Posted by Marla

1 frozen prepared pound cake (10.75 ounces)
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 lime
1 large banana, chopped
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced

Cut pound cake into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large bowl of 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set. Add pineapple; toss gently and set aside.

Zest lime using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lime using Juicer to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Chop banana using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine banana, lime juice and lime zest; mix well.

Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator. Fill decorator with whipped topping; set aside. Add remaining whipped topping, sour cream and powdered sugar to banana mixture; mix well using Classic Scraper.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom of Chillzanne(R) Bowl. Top with one-third of filling mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle coconut over top of trifle. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl. Slice kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus(R). Cut slices in half and place
between rosettes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fibre less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Reduced-fat pound cake, light whipped topping and reduced-fat sour cream and can be substituted for the pound cake, whipped topping and sour cream, if desired.

To toast coconut in microwave oven, place coconut in Small Micro-Cooker(R); microwave on HIGH 11/2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 10-second interval. Cool completely.

Yum, where did you find that recipe? I was also thinking you could use kiwi slices around the outside of the bowl, a la the limes in the berry lime trifle.

dang, that sounds SO good!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Tropical Dream Trifle?

To make Tropical Dream Trifle, you will need pound cake, vanilla pudding mix, milk, whipped topping, canned mandarin oranges, canned pineapple chunks, and shredded coconut.

2. How long does it take to make Tropical Dream Trifle?

The preparation time for Tropical Dream Trifle is about 20 minutes. However, it is recommended to refrigerate the trifle for at least 2 hours before serving.

3. Can I use fresh fruit instead of canned for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh fruit instead of canned for this recipe. Just make sure to cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces before adding them to the trifle.

4. Can I use a different type of cake instead of pound cake?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake for this recipe. Angel food cake or sponge cake would also work well in this trifle.

5. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. It is recommended to refrigerate the trifle for at least 2 hours before serving, but you can make it a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies