• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unbelievable Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte - Try It Now!

In summary, the Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that can be prepared in torte pans. It consists of two layers of devil's food cake with a creamy orange-flavored filling made of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping. Raspberry jam is drizzled on top of the filling, and the torte can be topped with fresh raspberries. The recipe can also be made with regular cake pans and variations can be made, such as using dark chocolate cake mix and cherry pie filling.
jenniferlynne
I made the Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte (recipe comes with the pans) and it was unbelievable!!!! I WILL be making this at my shows (I will bring the cakes already prepared. It was so good and so easy!!! It's really good when you make it, but it's 10 times better after it sets overnight in the fridge!! You all have got to try it!!

Sounds great, but I did not order the pans. Could you post the recipe? I have the cake pans- could you make it in them?

I looked at the recipe when I opened my pans and thought it sounded good. Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely try it. :)

OMG!! I think I threw away my Use and Care Cards!! I had a stack of them from unpacking, and now they are GONE!! Can I get this recipe anywhere else?

jrstephens said:
Sounds great, but I did not order the pans. Could you post the recipe? I have the cake pans- could you make it in them?

It should work with the regular pans too. Here is the recipe:

Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte

1 pkg devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP finely grated orange zest
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup seedless raspeberry jam, divided
1 cup raspberries (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour torte pans, set aside. Prepare cake mix according to directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely.

2. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and orange zest in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Place one cake layer well-side up onto serving platter. Spread half of the filing over the cake layer. Place raspberry jam in Prep Bowl; microwave on High 10-20 seconds or until warm; whisk until smooth. Drizzle half of the jam over filling. Stack remaining cake layer on top of first, well-side up; spread with remaining filling. If desired, arrange raspberries over filling; drizzle with remaining jam.

Thank you for posting this!

No problem! It is good!!!!

The only problem is I will have to make two so I can eat one and still have the "one" I made for when DH get home! :)

Ha Ha!!!! It is that good too!! I think I've had three pieces so far and I made it late last night. I would eat it for every meal, but I can't afford to buy bigger clothes right now.

I have found better flavor using the dark chocolate cake mix also dark chocolate fudge. Better looking too.

Do you think it would work with brownie cakes instead?? Oh, yummy!!

Boy does that recipe sound yummy!!!!!!!! Good idea for shows!

WOW..that sounds incredible..can't wait to get my Torte Pans...LOL

I was so going to wait to order my samples until I did 6 shows in February... now you have me wanting to order now! :) mmmm... chocolate...

I know what you mean. This torte pan set is on my wish list!!

Yeah I wasn't gona get it until I saw the seasons best and I want to make that rum cake....Gotta get it!!!

Now that chocolate one is up my alley. DH doesn't like coconut, so I'm not even sure I should bother with the Island Breeze Rum Cake. :(

I don't like coconut either, Rebecca.

Really? He says it's a texture thing....I LOVE coconut. I'm dreaming of the Chocolate Macaroon Pizza right now. Maybe I'll just make it and share some with the neighbors.;)

chesse said:
I have found better flavor using the dark chocolate cake mix also dark chocolate fudge. Better looking too.

Oh yum!!! How about making the cakes with dark chocolate. Then make the filling the same, except instead of using raspberry jam, use cherry pie filling. It would be like a black forrest cake with a twist!

Thanks for posting the recipe Jennifer!

Mmmmmmm, chocolate!

I don't like coconut either, but thought the recipe would be weird without it. I will stick with the rum cake at shows and the chocolate at home. I am not sure I want to be the largely pregnant 22 year old buying rum though!

gilliandanielle said:
I don't like coconut either, but thought the recipe would be weird without it. I will stick with the rum cake at shows and the chocolate at home. I am not sure I want to be the largely pregnant 22 year old buying rum though!

LOL!:D Too funny!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Unbelievable Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte?

To make this delicious dessert, you will need:

• 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup of raspberry preserves
  • 1/4 cup of chopped almonds

2. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of raspberries?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit preserves that you prefer. Some great alternatives to raspberry preserves include strawberry, apricot, or cherry preserves.

3. How long does it take to bake the Unbelievable Chocolate-Raspberry Dream Torte?

The baking time for this torte is approximately 35-40 minutes. However, it is always best to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the torte. If it comes out clean, the torte is ready.

4. Can I make this torte ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this torte ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

5. Is this recipe gluten-free?

No, this recipe is not gluten-free. However, you can make it gluten-free by using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend in place of regular flour.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsCaleb
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • Chefcouts