• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fiery Chocolate Torte-Is It Too Hot?

In summary, Leslie is planning on making a Fiery Chocolate Torte, but is worried about the appearance and frosting. She is also worried about the heat level and whether or not she will like it. Kathleen has also made the torte before and loved it, but this time decided to go with a smaller amount of cayenne pepper. Leslie and Kathleen are both medium salsa fans.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am going to a Chili Cook-Off tonight and signed up to bring a dessert. I haven't made the Fiery Chocolate Torte yet, but it looks and sounds good. I noticed in the description, it says that you can halve the amount of cayenne pepper to lessen the heat.

So have any of you had this as the recipe is written or with a smaller amount of pepper?

Oh! I want to know, too!

I was going to make it this weekend - but I chickened out. It is for a get-together and I won't have a lot of time, so I was worried about getting the chocolate glaze/frosting layer to look nice.

So, I am also curious as to how easy it is to get the glaze/frosting layer to look nice and smooth!

I have tried it when a friend made it "as written" - many people thought it was too hot. I did not. It is called the "fiery" chocolate torte. :) I plan to make one soon for a chili cook-off myself.​

Leslie, are you normally a mild or medium salsa fan? Just so that can help me gauge your heat tolerance. ;)Kathleen, I'll let you know how it goes with the frosting/glaze. I'll try to remember to take a picture, too, so we can see if it's as pretty as the PC picture. :)

Ha - good question. I'm a medium!​

I would think you can't go wrong with the smaller amount. Sure- some may think it could use more heat, but beats having too much and no one being able to eat/enjoy it.Edit: Of course, you probably have already MADE it, since I just realized I posted about your question regarding the glaze. :D DUH.

For us newbies....is there a recipe??

It's posted on pamperedchef.com, just click on search recipes and then type in Fiery Chocolate Torte. It's also one of the recipes in the Simply Sweet dessert cookbook.Well, I wasn't a fan of it, but others liked it. I went with the lesser amount just to be on the safe side. The cake part was very soft, so it was a little messy when you cut it. I didn't care for the filling. It sounded good, but for some reason I just didn't like it.And I didn't take a picture of it, because it didn't turn out very pretty. :blushing: The kids were rushing me and I was at a bad angle when I was trying to put the top cake layer on, so it got on a little crooked. Once it made contact, I was committed to keeping it that way. It was so soft I knew it would break if I tried to shift it. Also, the glaze wasn't enough to cover the sides all the way. I let it stay mostly on the top and then had it drizzle down over the edge a little. If I wasn't in a hurry tonight, I could've done a better job. :( Oh well, it is what it is. (or was)

babywings76 said:
It's posted on pamperedchef.com, just click on search recipes and then type in Fiery Chocolate Torte. It's also one of the recipes in the Simply Sweet dessert cookbook.

Well, I wasn't a fan of it, but others liked it. I went with the lesser amount just to be on the safe side. The cake part was very soft, so it was a little messy when you cut it. I didn't care for the filling. It sounded good, but for some reason I just didn't like it.

And I didn't take a picture of it, because it didn't turn out very pretty. :blushing: The kids were rushing me and I was at a bad angle when I was trying to put the top cake layer on, so it got on a little crooked. Once it made contact, I was committed to keeping it that way. It was so soft I knew it would break if I tried to shift it. Also, the glaze wasn't enough to cover the sides all the way. I let it stay mostly on the top and then had it drizzle down over the edge a little. If I wasn't in a hurry tonight, I could've done a better job. :( Oh well, it is what it is. (or was)

Thanks for the feedback! I have looked at that recipe SO many times to make for various functions - and now I am glad I have not! Especially today, I would not have had time to throw something else together in case it didn't turn out. I would have been very upset having the glaze run out before finishing the sides.

I will just have to try it out first on the guinea pigs at work first!

What is the level of spiciness in the Fiery Chocolate Torte?

The Fiery Chocolate Torte has a moderate level of spiciness. It has a subtle kick of heat that is balanced with the sweetness of the chocolate.

What type of chocolate is used in the Fiery Chocolate Torte?

The Fiery Chocolate Torte is made with a blend of dark and milk chocolate. This combination creates a rich and decadent flavor.

Can the level of spiciness be adjusted in the Fiery Chocolate Torte?

Yes, the level of spiciness can be adjusted by altering the amount of chili powder used in the recipe. You can also omit the chili powder altogether for a non-spicy version.

Is the Fiery Chocolate Torte suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

The Fiery Chocolate Torte is not suitable for individuals with a dairy allergy, as it contains both dark and milk chocolate. However, it can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend.

What are some recommended toppings for the Fiery Chocolate Torte?

Some recommended toppings for the Fiery Chocolate Torte include whipped cream, fresh berries, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You can also add a dollop of chili-infused whipped cream for an extra kick of spice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • tabnat80