• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Toffee Trifle....paula Deen

In summary, the recipe called for a chocolate cake mix, coffee liqueur, fudge sauce, chocolate covered toffee candy bars, and whipped cream. The cake was soaked in coffee liqueur for 3 hours, then sliced into 1-inch thick pieces. The trifle was layered with fudge sauce, toffee candy bars, whipped cream, and cake pieces.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Hey ya'll! (I sound just like Paula saying that)

I was watching Paula Deen yesterday and she had this trifle recipe on her show. Sounded really good....and since we have a brand new trifle bowl that we are all looking to use I thought I post this recipe for you too. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds really yummy!

Linda

Chocolate Toffee Trifle Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
See this recipe on air Tuesday Feb. 13 at 4:00 PM ET/PT.

Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Sexy Southern Chocolate

1 box chocolate cake mix (recommended: Duncan Hines)
1/2 cup coffee liqueur
2 cups fudge sauce, recipe follows, or 1 (16-ounce) jar fudge sauce
3 chocolate covered toffee candy bars, broken into pieces
1 1/2 cups heavy cream whipped and sweetened with 1/3 cup sugar

Prepare the cake according to the package directions for a 9 by 13-inch cake. Cool thoroughly.
Prick the entire top of the cake with a fork. Pour coffee liqueur over the cake and allow it to soak in. Wrap the cake with plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Slice the cake into 1-inch thick pieces.

Line the bottom of a large glass bowl with a single layer of cake. Pour 1/4 of the fudge sauce over the cake, top with 1/4 of the candy bar-bits then 1/3 of the whipped cream. Repeat layering 2 more times ending with fudge sauce and candy bits. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Cook's Note: Assemble the trifle shortly before serving or it will get soggy.

Hot Fudge Sauce:
1 (4-ounce) bar German chocolate
1/2-ounce unsweetened chocolate
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 2/3 cups evaporated milk
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
To make the sauce: Melt the German chocolate with the butter in a saucepan over very low heat. Stir in the powdered sugar, alternating with evaporated milk and blending well. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the mixture becomes thick and creamy, about 8 minutes. Stir in the vanilla.

I'll be trying this one! I love Paula!!!

I made her Pumpkin Trifle and it was wonderful!!

We should try to put all of these trifle recipes together on a sheet/booklet to give to our customers who purchase them starting March and have one on hand when we are doing our shows to give ideas. If someone wants a copy they can buy the trifle or be added to our e-mail lists!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle?

To make Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle, you will need:

• 1 (18.25-ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
  • 1 (5.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup Kahlua liqueur
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  • 3 (1.4-ounce) Heath candy bars, crushed

2. Can I substitute the Kahlua liqueur in Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle?

Yes, you can substitute the Kahlua liqueur with any other coffee or chocolate-flavored liqueur, or you can omit it altogether for a non-alcoholic version.

3. How long does it take to make Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle?

The total time for making Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, including prep and chilling time.

4. Can I make Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

5. Can I use a different type of cake for Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate cake mix for Paula Deen's Chocolate Toffee Trifle. You can also use a homemade chocolate cake recipe if you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies