• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Checkerboard Cake with 9" Pans - Perfect Results!

, I followed the recipe exactly (minus the mango) and it turned out great! I didn't get grossed out by the texture and did not taste very much of the flavor of it. Unfotunately, the coconut didn't stop me!!:p
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hey all! I just made this for my team meeting tonight, and used two of the 9" pans that we sell with the checkerboard insert. (BTW, those are the NICEST cake pans- very non stick and sturdy. Not like department store cake pans that rust and bend out of shape!!!)

Wasn't sure how they would work with the recipe, but I just had to bake them a few minutes longer because it is a smaller diameter pan, which made the cakes a little thicker than the torte pans. (I baked mine for 20 minutes and they were perfect.) Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. Looks good....will get to taste it tonight!:D :D

Make sure to share your reviews!! I've been wanting to make this, but haven't yet...

One of my consultants made this recipe using my torte pans and it was a big hit! It turned out beautifully! Only thing is I hate coconut so I would leave that out for my family - or leave it in so I don't eat it!:rolleyes:

Tip: if you don't want to use mangos you can substitute with peaches. (She did use the mango btw)

BethCooks4U said:
One of my consultants made this recipe using my torte pans and it was a big hit! It turned out beautifully! Only thing is I hate coconut so I would leave that out for my family - or leave it in so I don't eat it!:rolleyes:

Tip: if you don't want to use mangos you can substitute with peaches. (She did use the mango btw)

Beth, I hate coconut too but made the recipe accordingly. Believe it or not...I did not get grossed out by the texture and did not taste very much of the flavor of it. Unfotunately, the coconut didn't stop me!!:p
Ann

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you had a successful baking experience with our 9" pans and checkerboard insert. I agree, they are the best cake pans on the market and I love how sturdy and non-stick they are as well. It's great to know that they worked well with your recipe and that you were able to adjust the baking time accordingly. I hope your team enjoys the cake tonight and I'm sure they will love it as much as you do! Happy cooking! :)

1. How do I achieve the checkerboard pattern in the cake?

To achieve the checkerboard pattern in the cake, you will need to use two different colored batters. Start by dividing each batter into two equal portions. Then, alternate spoonfuls of each batter into the cake pan, making sure to fill each section evenly. Once the pan is filled, gently tap it on the counter to even out the batter and remove any air bubbles.

2. Do I need any special tools to make this cake?

No, you do not need any special tools to make this cake. The Perfect Results 9" pans are specifically designed for this recipe, but you can also use regular 9" pans as long as they are at least 2 inches deep. All other tools needed, such as a mixer, spatula, and measuring cups, are standard kitchen items.

3. How do I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to generously grease the pans with cooking spray or butter before adding the batter. You can also line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper for extra insurance. Once the cake is done baking, let it cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.

4. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, for the best results, we recommend using a high-quality cake mix that produces a denser and more stable cake. This will help maintain the checkerboard pattern and prevent the cake from crumbling when cutting into it.

5. Can I make this cake in advance?

Yes, you can make this cake in advance. The cake can be baked up to two days in advance and stored at room temperature, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. You can also freeze the cake for up to three months, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer-safe container. Thaw the cake in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
raebates