• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Island Breeze Rum Cake Troubleshooting - Need Help with Stacking Layers!

If the recipe calls for two pans, you would need to split the batter between the two and bake them separately.
Sk8Mom209
Gold Member
Okay. So I made this recipe tonight to take to our cluster meeting tomorrow evening and need all of your suggestions and assistance.

I do not have the new torte pans, so I used the old tart pan. It is larger in diameter than the new pans?

The problem was getting the second cake on top of the first. When I went place it on top of the bottom cake and filling, it crumbled into four quarters. I am not sure if I did not let it set/cool long enough, or if it is larger and more difficult to manuver that if made in the new pans, or if it is just difficult to flip.

Please help. I would love to know your experiences.

PS - I only need to bring 1/2 of the cake tomorrow, so we taste tested the cake and even thought it did not look great - it tasted awesome!

Me again - has anyone made this? I would really like to know your opinions and answers to prior post.

Thank you,

Sorry Shari - I really want to make it, but haven't tried it yet. I do have the new pans though and do not have the old ones to compare it to.

I can't help you - I just wanted to reply since you wanted someone to answer your plea for help...

I hope someone out there knows more than me :)

Val

I tried to check on CC, but the new S/S products aren't listed: What is the diameter of the new pans? I don't have them, but I have the set of 3 cake pans we carry. I was thinking of trying to make this Island Rum Cake with them. Not sure if I should use two of the pans and make it similar to the recipe, or if there would be too much batter and I would need to make it into a 3 layer cake.

Ok I have not made this yet however...The first question that comes into my mind is if you used the lift and serve? In the demo video for the cake it showed them using the lift and server to put on the top layer. HTH
Cynthia

No I did not use the lift & serve. My mother does not have a cooling rack (made this at her house) so I did not remove from the pan to cool. Where on CC is the demo of this recipe? I cannot picture how you would use the lift and serve without getting the filling all over it and off of the bottom cake.

Thank you everyone for your input!

The Demo...was not on CC. It was on the DVD we got with our first supply order. They demoed all 8 new recipes on there. They used the lift and serve by carrying the cake over to the base cake. They she cafefully slid one side down, set aside the one lift and server and then using her hand, she carefully lifted the second half off of the cake off the the remaining lift and serve and set if down on the base cake. I hope this helps you if you have anymore questions let me know.

Regular cake pans wouldn't work as well for this recipe because they don't have the well for filling.

I think the old Flan Pans are a little bigger in diameter than the Torte Pans, and they make a thinner layer, which would break easier than a thick one. The fruit in the cake also makes it a little more fragile than a plain one.

Another difference between the pans is that the new ones have straight sides. The old Flan Pans had angled sides. I'm guessing this is an issue with stacking the layers.

1. How do I make sure my Island Breeze Rum Cake comes out moist and flavorful?

To ensure a moist and flavorful cake, make sure to properly measure all ingredients and follow the recipe instructions carefully. Also, don't overmix the batter and make sure to use room temperature ingredients. Lastly, be sure to generously brush the rum glaze onto the cake while it is still warm.

2. Can I substitute a different type of alcohol for the rum in this recipe?

While rum is traditionally used in Island Breeze Rum Cake, you can substitute it with another type of alcohol such as bourbon or brandy. Keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different, but it will still be delicious!

3. How should I store my Island Breeze Rum Cake?

The cake can be stored at room temperature for a few days, but for longer storage, it is recommended to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.

4. Can I make this cake without a bundt pan?

Yes, you can make this cake in a regular cake pan, but the baking time may vary. It is important to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

5. Can I omit the nuts in this recipe?

Yes, you can omit the nuts if you have a nut allergy or simply don't like them. The cake will still be delicious without them. You can also substitute the nuts with a different type such as pecans or almonds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cookingisfunagain
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC