• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tart Pan for Island Breeze Rum Cake???

In summary, the tart pan is not compatible with the fluting tool for the island breeze rum cake, and the cake batter may leak out.
momoftwins
Do you think I can use the tart/quiche pan with fluting tool for the island breeze rum cake??? I don’t have the torte pans. The tart pan is 10 ¼” and the torte pans are 10 ½”. I know I will have to just bake one cake at a time – I am only doing this for at home.

Thanks in advance.

No, the tart pan will almost definitely not work. Not only because the cake layers won't have the wells on top, but because the tart pan has a removeable bottom, and the cake batter may leak out.

Of course, you could try it and prove me wrong. But I take no responsibility if you get cake batter all over the bottom of your oven. ;)

Well Ann - guess I can prove you wrong! LOL! The cake worked in the tart pan (absolutely nothing leaked out of it) - it just didn't have the wells on top, but I made the cake without the wells and it turned out fine! I didn't take a picture of it though!

Glad it worked out for you! That's good to know that it's a viable alternative.If I had tried it, it WOULD have leaked! ;)

LOL! The cake batter once you add the pineapple and coconut is actually pretty firm. Plus I put parchment paper on the circle on the tart pan just as the recipe says to do for the torte pan. I don't think it would have leaked though if I didn't do that. It was very yummy too! :)

I love the Island Breeze Rum cake. DH hates it because of the coconut. But I think I'm going to make him a variation as his birthday cake (next week): carrot cake mix made with the pineapple, filled with cheesecake flavor mousse, topped with apricot.

Oh that sounds yummy too - let me know how that one works out and tastes!

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I am happy to help with your question about using a tart/quiche pan with fluting tool for an island breeze rum cake. While the tart pan may work, I would recommend using a torte pan for best results. The slightly larger size of the torte pan will allow for the cake to rise evenly and create the desired texture and appearance. However, if you only have a tart pan available, you can certainly give it a try. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly and keep a close eye on the cake as it bakes. Happy baking!

1. What size is the Tart Pan for Island Breeze Rum Cake?

The Tart Pan for Island Breeze Rum Cake is 9 inches in diameter and 1.5 inches deep, making it the perfect size for creating a delicious rum cake.

2. Is the Tart Pan for Island Breeze Rum Cake dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Tart Pan for Island Breeze Rum Cake is dishwasher safe. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

3. Can I use this Tart Pan for other desserts besides rum cake?

Absolutely! The Tart Pan for Island Breeze Rum Cake is versatile and can be used for a variety of desserts such as fruit tarts, quiches, and cheesecakes.

4. How do I prevent my rum cake from sticking to the Tart Pan?

We recommend greasing the Tart Pan with butter or cooking spray before adding the batter. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.

5. Is the Tart Pan for Island Breeze Rum Cake oven safe?

Yes, the Tart Pan for Island Breeze Rum Cake is oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. However, we do not recommend using it under a broiler or on direct heat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
paroese
Replies
Views
chefann