• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Display Lava Cake on That Will Hold Lava?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a suitable piece from Pampered Chef to display a molten lava cake made in a stoneware fluted pan. Suggestions include using a Medium or Large Round Stone, the new Cake Pedestal Plate, or the Simple Additions Large Platter. It is also recommended to use the DCB to make the cake and to serve it in the same dish. Some members have had success using the Bamboo Platter, but others suggest using a current product from the catalog. The original poster also shares their method of making and serving the cake, which includes sprinkling it with confectionary sugar or hazelnut mocha sprinkles and serving it with vanilla ice cream. Another member shares their experience making
elisiaskitchen
Gold Member
Hi I am trying to find a Simple additions piece or something else PC that i can display the molten lava cake when made in the stoneware fluted pan. Thinking maybe a dots dinner plate? I have the cake pedestal but there is NO lip and the lava would be everywhere. thanks!

elisiaskitchen said:
Hi I am trying to find a Simple additions piece or something else PC that i can display the molten lava cake when made in the stoneware fluted pan. Thinking maybe a dots dinner plate? I have the cake pedestal but there is NO lip and the lava would be everywhere. thanks!

I've always put it on the Medium Square SA Platter

I see in the catalog that the Stoneware fluted pan is 9 1/2" around. So you could use the Medium or Large Round Stone, if you have them, or the new Cake pedestal plate. I also have the Large round SA platter that is 14" around, and have used that. Good luck, and enjoy.

I make the Lava Cake in the rice cooker, and always use the simple additions large platter. It works very well.

Do you have the other SA large round platter? I think that one has just a little bit of an edge. Plus it's larger and will allow more room for the ooze. :)

When I used to make it I used the SA large platter (not the round one).

i make it in dcb and leave it in baker
it probably could be flipped onto bamboo platter

babywings76 said:
Do you have the other SA large round platter? I think that one has just a little bit of an edge. Plus it's larger and will allow more room for the ooze. :)

This is the one that I always use b/c I've had overflows with the others and the medium square is just a bit too small for the fluted pan (as far as I'm concerned).

Teresa Lynn said:
i make it in dcb and leave it in baker
it probably could be flipped onto bamboo platter

If you make it in the DCB, its far better to serve it out of the DCB. The cake isn't all that pretty when flipped out.

thanks everyone for your input. I wanted to buy something with my pc dollars since i don't have ANY SA platters or plates at all. The cake pedestal won't work...i have it and I like ALOT of lava so i need something with a lip on it...it seems only oval or rectangular platters are sold now,, maybe i should check the outlet for a SA piece that would fit it. I do have the bamboo platter but it might look weird i am thinking...wanted to fancy it up a bit..it comes out in the fluted pan nice and a good showing of lava then i sprinkle confectionary sugar over it or the hazelnut mocha sprinkles...with vanilla ice cream of course.

Last edited:
Sounds both beautiful and yummy.

elisiaskitchen said:
thanks everyone for your input. I wanted to buy something with my pc dollars since i don't have ANY SA platters or plates at all. The cake pedestal won't work...i have it and I like ALOT of lava so i need something with a lip on it...it seems only oval or rectangular platters are sold now,, maybe i should check the outlet for a SA piece that would fit it. I do have the bamboo platter but it might look weird i am thinking...wanted to fancy it up a bit..it comes out in the fluted pan nice and a good showing of lava then i sprinkle confectionary sugar over it or the hazelnut mocha sprinkles...with vanilla ice cream of course.

Try it on the large SA platter and see. It would be better to use that at a show, as opposed to something from the outlet. It's better to show products that they can purchase from the current catalog. ;)

babywings76 said:
Try it on the large SA platter and see. It would be better to use that at a show, as opposed to something from the outlet. It's better to show products that they can purchase from the current catalog. ;)

Yes i agree Amanda, thanks!! I usually make it while the guests are arriving so the smell fills the house and then "WOW" them with the flip and lava as they are just seated(not to mention a $2.67 cake when purchased on sale LOL) I sell 3 or 4 fluted pans each show, but always use a NON-PC display..:(
THANK YOU!:D

I just made a lemon cake with vanilla frosting in the fluted tube and
served it on the new pedestal cake holder - it fit wonderfully. I then sprinkled
lemon crunch on it - YUMMY!!!!

What are the best dishes to use for displaying lava cake?

The best dishes for displaying lava cake are ramekins, souffle dishes, mini cast iron skillets, ceramic baking dishes, and individual springform pans. These dishes are heat-resistant and can withstand the high temperatures of the molten lava cake.

Can I use regular baking dishes for lava cake?

While you can use regular baking dishes for lava cake, it is not recommended. Regular baking dishes are not designed to withstand high temperatures and may crack or break under the heat of the molten lava cake. It is best to use heat-resistant dishes specifically designed for lava cake.

What size dish should I use for individual lava cakes?

The size of the dish for individual lava cakes may vary depending on the recipe, but a standard size is usually around 6-8 ounces. This allows for the perfect portion size for one person. However, if you prefer a larger serving, you can use a larger dish.

Do I need to grease the dish before baking lava cake?

It is not necessary to grease the dish before baking lava cake, as the batter is already quite rich and buttery. However, if you want to be extra cautious, you can lightly spray the dish with cooking spray or brush it with melted butter.

What is the best way to remove lava cake from the dish?

The best way to remove lava cake from the dish is to let it cool for a few minutes after baking. Then, run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake before flipping it onto a plate. You can also use a spoon to scoop the cake out of the dish if it is too delicate to flip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • wadesgirl