• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Torte Pans Equal 2 9" Round Cake Pans?

In summary, the torte pans hold the same volume as 2 9" round cake pans and are designed to use a standard cake mix to make 2 layers. The pans also allow for quicker baking and cooling time, and do not require frosting. The brownies will take approximately 12-14 minutes to bake in the torte pans.
aksusan
do the torte pans hold the same volume as 2 9" round cake pans? (I'm thinking yes, but I know you guys will have the answer). Thanks :)

Yes. They're designed to use a standard cake mix to make 2 layers.

Thank you for the confirmation. I have a pumpkin hazelnut torte recipe I want to make in them tomorrow. :)

I love the torte pans. It takes less time to bake and cool cake layers, and I like to fill them with yummy fillings. I don't feel the need to frost nicely with these, either.

wow - It hasnt even occured to me that there would be less baking time... hmmm, I wonder how long brownies will take....

:p

I am waiting sooooooooo patiently for my set. It should be here any day now... at least I am hoping! I cant wait to get it. I have so many ideas, alot with brownie bases... so I guess trial and error may be forthcomming in the first torte or two.

:chef:

I want mine too! I hope they get here soon, I haven't actually sent the order in though LOL! Waiting on the show to close! hehe... my best friend was a little shy of $150 so I added the pans for myself!

Laura420 said:
wow - It hasnt even occured to me that there would be less baking time... hmmm, I wonder how long brownies will take....

:p

I am waiting sooooooooo patiently for my set. It should be here any day now... at least I am hoping! I cant wait to get it. I have so many ideas, alot with brownie bases... so I guess trial and error may be forthcomming in the first torte or two.

The brownies only take about 12 - 14 minutes.

aksusan said:
Thank you for the confirmation. I have a pumpkin hazelnut torte recipe I want to make in them tomorrow. :)

So please share the recipe

Related to Do Torte Pans Equal 2 9" Round Cake Pans?

1. What is the difference between a torte pan and a 9" round cake pan?

While both pans are round and can be used to make cakes, there are a few key differences between a torte pan and a 9" round cake pan. A torte pan typically has straight sides and a removable bottom, while a 9" round cake pan has angled sides and a solid bottom. Additionally, torte pans are typically deeper than 9" round cake pans, allowing for multiple layers of cake to be stacked together.

2. Can I use a torte pan instead of 2 9" round cake pans?

Yes, you can use a torte pan instead of 2 9" round cake pans. However, keep in mind that the torte pan will likely produce a taller and denser cake compared to using two 9" round cake pans. You may need to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

3. How do I convert a recipe using 2 9" round cake pans to a torte pan?

To convert a recipe using 2 9" round cake pans to a torte pan, you will need to adjust the baking time and temperature. A general rule of thumb is to increase the baking time by 10-15 minutes and decrease the oven temperature by 25 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is always recommended to check for doneness using a toothpick or cake tester before removing the cake from the oven.

4. Can I use a torte pan to make other desserts besides cakes?

Yes, a torte pan can be used to make a variety of desserts besides cakes. Some popular options include cheesecakes, tarts, and quiches. Just be sure to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to ensure easy removal of the dessert.

5. Do I need to grease a torte pan before using it?

It is recommended to lightly grease a torte pan before using it, especially if your recipe calls for a dense and sticky batter. This will help prevent the cake from sticking to the sides of the pan and make for easier removal after baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies