• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Torte Pans Ever Come With Removable Bottoms?

In summary, the Torte Pans have gone through several reincarnations, but none of them had a removable bottom. The customer is looking for a torte pan with a removable bottom, because she has several recipes that require such a pan. The Tart/Quiche Pan with Fluting Tool in the outlet is the correct item for her, because it is the latest incarnation of the torte pan set with a removable bottom.
NooraK
Gold Member
I know that the Torte Pans have gone through several reincarnations. Did any of the versions ever have a removable bottom? I have a customer looking for tort pans with a removable bottom, because she has several recipes that require such pans.

TIA!

Are you sure her recipes aren't calling for a springform pan? That has the removeable bottom (although technically it's the sides that are removed but same difference).

mrshamel3808 said:
Are you sure her recipes aren't calling for a springform pan? That has the removeable bottom (although technically it's the sides that are removed but same difference).

No, it's not the springform pan. We used to have a Tart Pan that had the removable bottom.

Right, she is specifically looking for a tart pan, not a springform pan. They are shallow like the most recently retired version we have, but the bottom and rim are separate pieces. The rim has a lip that the bottom rests on, and there is no tension to keep it in place like a springform pan.

Anyone have these?

NooraK said:
Right, she is specifically looking for a tart pan, not a springform pan. They are shallow like the most recently retired version we have, but the bottom and rim are separate pieces. The rim has a lip that the bottom rests on, and there is no tension to keep it in place like a springform pan.

Anyone have these?

Yes, when I first started w/ PC, we had a torte pan set with a removable bottom.

Now, why didn't I just check first? The one on the outlet is just what she's looking for!

ooo, ok some people are calling it a "torte" pan, so was it a torte or tart pan?

The item in the outlet is the Tart/Quiche Pan with Fluting Tool, the item in the current catalog is the Torte Pan Set.

Per a Google search I found that

A tart "has shallow sides, a filling and no top crust." A torte, on the other hand, "is usually a rich cake, often made with little or no flour and with ground nuts instead. Tortes also are often multilayered

Related to Do Torte Pans Ever Come With Removable Bottoms?

What are some uses for the Tort Pan With Removable Bottom?

The Tort Pan With Removable Bottom is perfect for making tortes, cakes, quiches, and other baked goods. The removable bottom allows for easy removal of delicate desserts without damaging them.

Is the Tort Pan With Removable Bottom dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Tort Pan With Removable Bottom is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the lifespan of the pan.

What are the dimensions of the Tort Pan With Removable Bottom?

The Tort Pan With Removable Bottom measures 9 inches in diameter and 2 inches in height, making it the perfect size for most tortes and cakes.

Can I use the Tort Pan With Removable Bottom in the oven?

Yes, the Tort Pan With Removable Bottom is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also safe to use in the freezer for chilled desserts.

Does the Tort Pan With Removable Bottom have a non-stick coating?

Yes, the Tort Pan With Removable Bottom has a non-stick coating that ensures easy release of baked goods and makes for easy clean-up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • aksusan