• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?

maybe it's just a bad batch or something?This conversation has discussed how someone's cooking surface becomes covered in a thick, sticky substance, but the cooking surface itself is fine. The sticky substance resembles ear wax. The sticky substance has been seen before by some people, and there are ways to prevent it from happening again. Someone is getting a new bar pan, and the person's friend has had two bar pans seep the sticky goo. The new bar pan is getting replaced because the cooking surface and the bottom of the pan are both covered in the sticky substance. Someone has also had this happen to their bar pan. The trick to seasoning the stones is being discussed, and someone is looking for the thread with the "trick
heather9892
hope this is the right place for this

i have a friend/hostess who has had 2 bar pans seep sticky goo from the bottom.
the cooking surface is fine and seasoned but the bottom is covered with this thick sticky stuff that resembles ear wax :eek: :yuck:

has anyone ever seen this before?
any ideas on preventing it from happening to the new bar pan she's getting?

tia

Yuk!
What is she cooking those bar pans?
Does she always set them on a clean surface?

Wow, me personally, I've never seen that. Sounds gross. Should be interesting to see if anyone else has had this happen!

Was it there when she got them? If not, did she try running some boiling water over it? Hot gets the gunk off my stones pretty good

I don't know about ear wax texture, but I had a host that cooked chicken on hers and the part around the chicken got sticky. She tried everything I told her to do. The baking soda worked, but then it would just come back. She finally called HO and is getting it replaced and then will do the seasoning trick I learned on here.

BTW, she did NOT use Pam on it (which is what I thought she did).

salthechef said:
Was it there when she got them? If not, did she try running some boiling water over it? Hot gets the gunk off my stones pretty good
she has tried everything to clean it nothing works and its just the bottom

She hasn't run it through the dishwasher has she?

jenniferp417 said:
She hasn't run it through the dishwasher has she?

nope
she has several other stones but the bar pan is the only one doing this :cry:

i thought maybe she was putting it in her oven before cleaning it and oven was still warm but thats not it

this is the second one i've exchanged in the last 3 mths

its really gross everything sticks to it, the plastic bag we put it in was stuck so bad we had to pull to get it off :eek:

It will do that if she soaks the pan. Mine do that sometimes.

Does she use cooking spray on the stone? It can leave a goopy layer after a few uses with it.

How does the bottom of her oven look? Is stuff coming from the rack onto the bottom of the stone? Where does she store it? Is something coming from where she stores it?

Very strange...never heard of that!

Does she leave the stone in the oven when she's cooking other things? I had a customer to that.. she thought leaving the stone in the oven would conduct the heat better and her stone got really groddy.

pcheftammy said:
Does she use cooking spray on the stone? It can leave a goopy layer after a few uses with it.

How do you clean it off then?

I have a customer who also has had two large bar pans replaced for this very reason. I tired EVERYTHING to get that off there, to no avail. I wondered too if she didnt spray it each time she used it, or left it in the oven, but she never replied to my inquiry. Maybe she was offended that I had emailed to ask about it. Who knows. It certainly is annoying though. Wish you luck!

Hey, Ok not to steal the thread...
but can someone direct me to the thread with the "trick"to season the stones??

And also, that really stinks that that happened. I havent heard of it though.

I had this happen to my bar pan too -- the bottom of my oven kept getting greasy and I didn't know why. I talked to the product team in the new products area at national convention and she said I may have a crack somewhere on my pan that I can't see that allows grease to escape during cooking. She told me to return it for a new one.

My bar pan does this. I tried showing it to my Director and other consultants and no one has seen anything like it. It is actually like the grease soaks THROUGH the stone and onto the bottom. I know. Our stones don't actually soak up the grease. Mine did.

I cleaned it over and over again with baking soda paste and elbow grease...even used steel wool on the bottom of it!

It still looks horrible, but after all of that cleaning, it finally doesn't feel "tacky" to the touch anymore like it did! Also- when it was doing this (right after I got it) the INSIDE of the stone would have grease pooling on it (like it was coming up out of the stone) whenever it would get hot. (Even EMPTY...so it wasn't coming from the food!)

I have heard of others who have had this same problem, and who replaced their pan 2-3 times cuz the new ones kept doing the same thing. I decided just to keep mine, since the inside is now totally seasoned and I didn't want to have to start the seasoning process again!

Tell her to try letting the baking soda paste sit on it for 15-20 minutes, then SCRUB it off. Repeat as necessary...or, just return them for new ones! If I ever have a stone do this again, I will replace it right away...BEFORE it is seasoned and I don't want to part with it!!

How do you make the baking soda paste? I would like to try that on all of mine.

A whole bunch of baking soda and a little bit of water. :) Get the big box of baking soda from the grocery store or warehouse club.

KellyTheChef said:
My bar pan does this. I tried showing it to my Director and other consultants and no one has seen anything like it. It is actually like the grease soaks THROUGH the stone and onto the bottom. I know. Our stones don't actually soak up the grease. Mine did.

My small bar pan is doing the same thing...."leaking" through...but not enough to drip off. Just enough to annoy me! But I don't want to start the seasoning process again either...

My small bar pan has this same problem. I've tried baking soda paste, super hot water, and lots of scrubbing, but nothing works. I think it's getting worse, and the top is getting weird too. Maybe it has a fine crack as Mandy says? I think I'll send it back and start over.

Oh, and at first when it started I thought it must have been because I did use Pam on it a few times when I first got it 2 years ago, but since then I've seen several recipes that call for spraying with Pam, so I'm confused as to whether or not it's okay to use??

lauraP2000 said:
My small bar pan has this same problem. I've tried baking soda paste, super hot water, and lots of scrubbing, but nothing works. I think it's getting worse, and the top is getting weird too. Maybe it has a fine crack as Mandy says? I think I'll send it back and start over.

Oh, and at first when it started I thought it must have been because I did use Pam on it a few times when I first got it 2 years ago, but since then I've seen several recipes that call for spraying with Pam, so I'm confused as to whether or not it's okay to use??
Pam can cause a stickyness to the stone or to cookware. I would not use it. Use oil without the preservatives. There are some sprays on the market that say they don't have the preservatives or use our spritzer and olive oil or just put a drop on it and spread it with the silicone basting brust or if you must a paper towel.

I don't even buy Pam anymore...if I need to spray, I use our spritzer. I used it on my fluted pan quite a few times (before I knew better!!) and it caused an ugly sticky buildup!

But, I DO buy Baker's Joy (spray with oil and flour) and I have NOT had a problem with that being sticky on my stones or on my MMP.

Ok thats a little gross... I have never heard of it either... has she tried calling HO?

Related to Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?

1. What is "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?"

"Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?" is a popular game among Pampered Chef consultants and customers. It involves rolling a pair of dice and completing a cooking or kitchen-related task based on the outcome of the roll. It is a fun and interactive way to learn about new products and recipes from Pampered Chef.

2. How do I play "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?"

To play "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?", you will need a pair of dice and a list of cooking or kitchen-related tasks. Each player takes turns rolling the dice and must complete the task that corresponds to the number rolled. The game can be customized to fit any theme or occasion and is a great way to get everyone involved in the kitchen.

3. Can "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?" be played virtually?

Yes, "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?" can be played virtually through video conferencing platforms such as Zoom or Skype. The game can be adapted to fit a virtual setting and is a great way to engage with customers or team members remotely.

4. What type of tasks can be included in "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?"

The tasks in "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?" can vary depending on the theme of the game. Some common tasks include demonstrating how to use a Pampered Chef product, sharing a favorite recipe, or completing a cooking challenge. The possibilities are endless and can be tailored to fit the interests of the players.

5. Is "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?" only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "Ever Seen/Heard of This Happening?" can be played by anyone who loves cooking or is interested in Pampered Chef products. It is a great way for customers to learn about new products and for consultants to engage with their customers in a fun and interactive way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cheflorraine