• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grease Seeping Through the Bottom of Stoneware?

In summary, a customer's 2-3 year old glazed rectangular baker is sticky and greasy, and she cannot clean it while it's hot. She has tried the baking soda paste with no luck.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I just got a call from a customer who has an unglazed rectangular baker, about 2-3 years old (not sure on the exact date of purchase). She says the bottom of her baker is sticky/greasy, as if grease is seeping through the stone. She obviously can't clean it while it's hot, and when the pan cools, the 'grease' just becomes sticky and gummy. She has tried the baking soda paste with no luck.
She doesn't use non-stick spray on her pan.
It sounds rather bizarre - has anyone ever had a similar experience?
I gave her the home office number, and told her to try to figure out what date the party was that she purchased it at (she can't remember the consultant name and doesn't have the receipt anymore).
Will HO be able to help her out if it she is within the 3-year time-frame??
I did tell her that I would gladly help her get a new glazed baker for free or 1/2 price by doing a party...

Btw, this was a lady I met at a booth in November, and she purchased a few items. Since then, I've left her a few customer care messages, but hadn't heard from her. Even though this is a negative issue, I'm glad I was the consultant she contacted... hopefully positive will still come out of the negative! This gives me encouragement to keep leaving messages even when it seems like such a waste of time.

I have a small bar pan that I used for years in the toaster oven. I would always put sausage and bacon on it. It was a bit greasy for a while, but it finally got all baked in and now is completly black. It is the best non-stick surface ever!!!!!!

This happened to me with one of my rectangle stones that I used for cookies. I ended up calling HO and got a replacement. It probably has small fissures or something and the grease/oils are seeping through somehow. If you turned my stone over, you'd see the round circles from where the cookies where placed on the top side. It's as if I seasoned the bottom of my stone. :D

I had this happen once when I was a new consultant with a client that had purchased stoneware from me in the past. Came to me with a pc of broken stone wanting help with replacement. After searching my records and home office records looked more closely and realized it wasn't a TPC stone and had bleed lines. Now I use it as a show and tell pc along with a TPC stone w/o the bleed line.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out with this issue. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble your customer is having with her unglazed rectangular baker. It does sound like a strange situation and I'm glad she contacted you for help.I recommend that she contacts our home office for assistance. They will be able to look into the purchase date and possibly help her with a replacement if she is within the 3-year time frame. It's always best to have the original receipt or at least the date of purchase for these types of situations.In the meantime, I also suggest that she try cleaning the baker with a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar. This can help remove any grease or residue that may be causing the stickiness. She can also try using a mild dish soap and warm water to clean the baker.If she is unable to get a replacement through our home office, I would be more than happy to help her get a new glazed baker for free or at a discounted price by hosting a party. It's great that you were the consultant she contacted and I'm sure you will be able to turn this negative experience into a positive one.Thank you for your dedication to your customers and for always leaving customer care messages. It's important to show them that we are here to support them even in difficult situations.Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. Have a great day!

1. How can I prevent grease from seeping through the bottom of my stoneware?

To prevent grease from seeping through your stoneware, make sure to properly season the stoneware before use. This involves rubbing a small amount of vegetable oil onto the surface of the stoneware and baking it in the oven for about an hour. Also, avoid using cooking sprays on stoneware as they can create a buildup that may cause grease to seep through.

2. Can I use soap and water to clean my stoneware?

Yes, stoneware can be safely cleaned with soap and water. However, it is important to note that stoneware may retain some of the soap's scent and flavor, so it is recommended to use a mild soap and rinse well. You can also use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any stuck-on food.

3. How often should I re-season my stoneware?

If you use your stoneware frequently, it is recommended to re-season it every 6 months to a year. However, if you notice that food is sticking to the surface or grease is seeping through, it may be time to re-season sooner.

4. Can I use my stoneware in the microwave?

No, stoneware should not be used in the microwave as it can cause the stoneware to crack or break. Stoneware is designed for use in the oven and should not be used in the microwave, stovetop, or broiler.

5. How can I remove stubborn stains from my stoneware?

If you have stubborn stains on your stoneware, you can create a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste. Spread the paste onto the stained area and let it sit for a few hours before rinsing off. You can also use a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to soak the stoneware for a few hours before scrubbing with a nylon brush.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • aPamperedBride
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies