• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookies burning on seasoned bar pan

Shari in TX

Gold Member
Aug 7, 2010
I received the following message from a customer and I don't know how to answer her:

I have a large bar stoneware pan that is dark (almost black) and very seasoned. Some of the things I'm baking in it (like cookies that have coconut oil un them) are almost burning in the bottom. That's a new thing. It's never done that before. Any ideas what's going on?​

My bar pans are not that seasoned, but I've never had a problem with them. My first thought was to have her to a baking soda/water scrub just in case some of the "black" is not seasoning, but actually something else. But I really don't know.

Any suggestions for me to pass on to her? Does anyone here cook with coconut oil and would that make a difference in how the cookies cook?

Thanks!

Shari in TX

Admin Greg

Veteran Member
Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
Thanks for posting! I'm sorry you haven't received any responses thus far. Do you have any additional information or can you rephrase your post to make it clearer?

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
I have never heard of this. I would call home office and talk to the products question dept.
Forget the official name. They might be able to shed some light.
We'd love to hear what they say.

scottcooks

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2005
Have her turn the oven down, and move the pan away from the bottom heating element. Many times I lower the temp by 25 degrees when making cookies, especially for the 2nd and 3rd tray that goes in after the initial one is cooked. My hunch is it's not a product issue but an oven issue.

Shari in TX

Gold Member
Aug 7, 2010
Thank you for your responses. I wrote her back to ask her when it was happening and she said sometimes on the first batch, other times on subsequent batches. I thought Scott was probably right about it being some sort of oven issue and mentioned to her that her oven may not be calibrated correctly. She said it was 22-year-old oven so that was very possible and she would try to put a thermometer of some sort in there to test the actual temperature.

I did offer to call HO for her or give her information to call and ask the question herself since she would better be able to answer any follow-up questions, but she didn't think that was necessary. She said she would keep me posted on what she found so I could use that information to help anyone else who had this issue in the future.

Shari in TX