• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dark Circles on Cookie Sheet/Metal Pan: Normal Wear & Tear?

In summary, dark circles on a cookie sheet or metal pan are a normal occurrence due to wear and tear. They do not affect the performance of the pan and can be prevented by using non-metal utensils, avoiding high heat, and properly cleaning and drying the pan. While there is no way to completely remove dark circles, regular maintenance and specialized cleaners can help lighten them.
kewaters
I had a customer email me that she has started to see dark circles on her cookie sheet/metal pan after she bakes cookies, almost as if the coating is chipping off. I am not that familiar with these pans, so does anyone know if this is normal wear and tear? She has only had them since June.

I am curious about this too because my sheet pan has spots.

That happened to my sister the first time she used her's and we sent them back and they replaced them and so far they have not done it again.....

We had a problem with this in the past and they rectified the problem - just send them back and they will replace them - if it is a continuing problem - they may do a stop order - but for now nothing is showing up about that.

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Why do dark circles appear on my cookie sheet/metal pan?

Dark circles on a cookie sheet or metal pan are a normal occurrence due to the natural wear and tear of the metal surface. Over time, repeated use and exposure to high heat can cause areas of discoloration.

2. Can dark circles affect the performance of my pan?

No, dark circles do not affect the performance of your pan. As long as the surface is still smooth and non-stick, it will continue to function properly.

3. How can I prevent dark circles from appearing on my pan?

To prevent dark circles, avoid using metal utensils on your pan and instead use silicone or wooden utensils. Also, try to avoid using high heat when cooking, as this can contribute to discoloration. Properly cleaning and drying your pan after each use can also help prevent dark circles.

4. Can I still use my pan if it has dark circles?

Yes, you can still use your pan even if it has dark circles. The discoloration is purely cosmetic and does not affect the performance of the pan.

5. Is there a way to remove dark circles from my pan?

Unfortunately, there is no way to completely remove dark circles from a pan. However, regularly cleaning and maintaining your pan can help prevent them from getting worse. If the discoloration bothers you, you can also try using a baking soda paste or a specialized cleaner designed for metal surfaces to help lighten the dark circles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
wadesgirl