• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Resolved: Metal Sheet Pan Discoloration Issue

In summary, the Pampered Chef is replacing metal sheet pans that were shipped before the Stop Sell went into effect. The shipping schedule is as follows: - Orders may be placed the week of June 9- Orders will be shipped out the week of June 23- Pan replacements will be sent out the week of June 30- Pan replacements will be sent out the week of July 7
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Dear Consultant,

I’m happy to report that we have resolved the discoloration issue with our metal sheet pans (Medium Sheet Pan item #1721 and Large Sheet Pan item #1722).

As promised, we will begin replacing all sheet pans that we shipped before the Stop Sell went into effect. The shipping schedule for replacements is as follows:

- We will ship customer replacement orders the week of June 9.
- We will ship customer backorders by the end of June.
- We will replace pans you ordered as samples or earned through Sell-a-Thon by the end of June.
- We expect the metal sheet pans will be available for sale on July 1. We will confirm this date by the end of June.

If you’d like to update your customers, please feel free to share the above shipping schedule. If you or your customers have any questions, please contact us at 1-877-917-2433 or [email protected].

I appreciate your patience and professionalism while we worked through this issue. We realize this was an inconvenience to you and your customers who purchased the pans. But I know you agree with our goal to always maintain The Pampered Chef’s outstanding quality standards.

Sincerely,
Marla Gottschalk
Chief Executive Officer

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark.

This is great, but I'm a little sad that I can't sell them at my June shows ... especially since the hosts in the audience will have the one for their customers by the time the first show comes around.

I think we had/have to ask them to replace our from Sell-a-Thon, right? I can't remember for sure, but I'm thinking that's the way it is.

The way I read it is that they automatically send us new ones.

Guests and hosts had to tell them if they want the replacement, exchange or refund. Consultants do not need to call HO because we only have the choice of replacement.

does this mean that we'll get new ones whether or not the original ones are defective?

susanr613 said:
does this mean that we'll get new ones whether or not the original ones are defective?
Yes. Everyone who ordered or earned one or more will get them replaced - even if nothing was wrong with theirs.

sweet!!!!!!

But also ... since they're trying to fill those orders, they're not available for us to sell until July.

Di_Can_Cook said:
But also ... since they're trying to fill those orders, they're not available for us to sell until July.
Use it as a booking tool. Who wanted them? Let them know they can order in July and if they have a show they can get them for free or half price or at least at a discount.

For those that don't want to do a show, offer to put them on a show. You could offer a small discount if you want too...

Last night's host booked so she could get one at her show (yes, I warned her that they might not be available). She has a July booking so I told her I would give her show discount on it at the friend's show. She gets 10% PHD and I will pay the other 15% as a consultant gift. It's less than my commission on the order, I can write it off on my taxes and I have a happy customer.

What a great idea!The June party is a cooperative crowd ... and they'll be happy to know the issue is being resolved. I think it will also serve as a witness to quality control issues! Don't want to call TOO MUCH attention to it ... but I think it's a good thing for them to know PC cares about the products. Grrrr! Now work informs me I'm on duty the night of this party. I think I will ask whoever is working Father's Day weekend to switch weekends with me. I have a father who I'd like to see ... but nobody will book on FD weekend so I think I can sell it to my co-workers.

1. What causes metal sheet pans to discolor?

There are several factors that can cause metal sheet pans to discolor, including acidic ingredients, high temperatures, and prolonged exposure to moisture.

2. Can discoloration on metal sheet pans be harmful?

No, discoloration on metal sheet pans is typically just a cosmetic issue and does not affect the safety or performance of the pan.

3. How can I prevent discoloration on my metal sheet pans?

To prevent discoloration, avoid using acidic ingredients like lemon juice or vinegar on your metal sheet pans. Additionally, make sure to dry your pans thoroughly after washing and avoid using abrasive scrubbers.

4. Can I still use a discolored metal sheet pan?

Yes, as long as the discoloration is only on the surface and does not affect the integrity of the pan, it is safe to use. However, if the discoloration is accompanied by rust or other signs of damage, it is best to replace the pan.

5. How do I remove discoloration from my metal sheet pan?

To remove discoloration, create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water and spread it over the discolored areas. Let it sit for a few hours, then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge and rinse with warm water. Repeat if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SilverCeladon
  • chefann
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • DebbieSAChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies