• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Metal Sheet Pan Chipping: Normal Wear and Tear or Defective? Customer Inquiry

In summary, Sarah received an e-mail from one of her very first customers who is concerned about the quality of the metal baking sheets she purchased between September-December 2008. Amanda provides cleaning and usage tips for the pans.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I just received this e-mail from one of my very first hosts/customers. Before I spend time on the phone with HO, I was wondering if any of you have an answer.

Sarah,

I purchased several of the metal baking sheets between September-December 2008. Some of them are starting to chip, and I wasn't sure if this was normal wear and tear or if they are defective. Can you please let me know? Thank you.

Amanda

Thanks in advance-

I don't think with normal use they should chip. If she bought them from you , I would just do an on-line adjustment. No long wait times there!

When you send her the refernce #, I would also send her the Use and Care info that I attached below as an FYI.

Cleaning tips:
Wash prior to first use; dishwasher-safe.
Do not soak. Always thoroughly dry entire pan surface and wire rim immediately after washing to prevent rust.
Pans will naturally darken with use and dishwashing. This does not affect the performance of the pan. To maintain luster, hand wash.
If rust occurs, use The Pampered Chef® Stainless Cleaner or an aluminum polisher and cleanser which can be purchased at most grocery stores. Rinse and dry completely.
A nonabrasive sponge, cloth, or kitchen brush may be used on exterior and interior surfaces.
Do not use abrasive cleansers, such as steel wool, cleansers with chlorine bleach or oven cleaning solutions as this may permanently damage the surface and void the guarantee.
Usage tips:
Aerosol non-stick sprays may create a sticky residue which is difficult to clean if not washed promptly or overheated.
Foods that are highly salted or acidic may cause small pitting on the surface. For best results, line pan bottom and sides with The Pampered Chef® Parchment Paper; cut to fit pan so paper does not extend over top of pan. The Pampered Chef® Parchment Paper is heat-resistant to 450°F/230°C; not broiler-safe. Refer to package directions for more details.
Follow recipe temperature and baking time.
Pan is safe in conventional oven, convection oven, toaster oven and broiler.
Pan is freezer-safe.
Metal utensils may be used directly on surface; however, scratching will occur.
Extreme temperature change will cause warping. Always allow Pan to cool to room temperature prior to adding liquid or cleaning.
Do not use Pan on a glass or ceramic cooktop, electric coil, gas burner range, induction (magnetic) range or an outdoor grill.
Not microwave safe.
Three-year guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details.

Thanks, Charity. I just sent her an e-mail to clarify if they are actually chipping, or just turning dark. I don't think she ordered these from me, but I told her I can do the adjustment if she likes.

I've had a few customers experience this. The HO is good about replacing them.

I think this may have been in the time frame that HO was having some problems with the sheet pans. Mine actually did the exact same thing, & HO replaced it, no questions asked!! Gotta love PC :)

Mine are doing this too, and I need to get them replaced. My medium one is the worst!

how can you sell these, when this keeps happening?

It doesn't really keep happening. There was a bad batch or two. Once they're in the warehouse, they get all jumbled with other batches. I have one customer who ordered several. Only 1 had an issue.I address this as a chance to show how well PC stands behind their products.

lauriedip said:
how can you sell these, when this keeps happening?

It's not as widespread as it seems from this thread. There may be a dozen consultants posting here that they've had problems with the pans. But that's a dozen out of tens of thousands of pans sold.

1. What causes metal sheet pans to chip?

The most common cause of metal sheet pans chipping is wear and tear over time. Repeated use, exposure to high heat, and using metal utensils can all contribute to the chipping of the pan's surface.

2. How can I prevent my metal sheet pan from chipping?

To prevent chipping, it is important to properly care for your metal sheet pan. Avoid using metal utensils and opt for silicone or wooden ones instead. Also, be sure to avoid exposing the pan to high heat for extended periods of time.

3. Can I still use a metal sheet pan if it has chipped?

If the chip is small and does not affect the overall functionality of the pan, it is safe to continue using it. However, if the chip is large or affects the surface of the pan, it is best to replace it for safety reasons.

4. Can I repair a chipped metal sheet pan?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to repair a chipped metal sheet pan. Once the surface has been damaged, it is best to replace the pan to ensure safe and effective cooking.

5. How often should I replace my metal sheet pan?

The lifespan of a metal sheet pan can vary depending on usage and care. It is recommended to replace your pan every 1-2 years to ensure safe and efficient cooking results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kewaters
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kewaters
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef