• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: My Customer's Bar Pan Sticking Issue

In summary, the customer's daughter started to wash the pan with soap the first time, which is causing the problem. She recommends cleaning the pan with a mixture of Crisco and flour and baking it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Geekgirl69
Gold Member
I have a customer who says that her small bar ban sticks with everything she has made, especially cookies. She said she has been seasoning it before she uses it. Any ideas/suggestions? Should I ask to see/use it and try it for myself? Should I try the baking soda paste and start over? Help!

Thanks!

I would have her cook a tube of crescent rolls on it WITHOUT adding any oil, spray, etc. Have her open the tub and flatten 1/2 the rolls out so they cover the surface of the pan. Bake, throw away and repeat with the other 1/2 of the rolls. Worked with mine! And just because, I'd double-check and make sure she isn't washing the pan with soap.

Hmm, I think she said that her daughter started to wash it with soap the first time... is that what's causing the problem?

Is she using Pam or one of the other cooking oil sprays? That will make them stick for sure.

she said she used pam only the first timeBut as used the stone more than once and it still sticks... is that the culprit? Should she do the crescent rolls suggestion?

She might need to make a paste with baking soda and water and give it a good cleaning then try the crescent rolls - or bacon.

If that still doesn't work, maybe you could take it and try it, or trade yours if you have one just to try hers yourself. If you have the problem, then have it replaced.

Yeah, I told her I would try the baking soda paste if she had problems. She said nobody told her she couldn't use pam and that if it's a lot of work, she wants a new one.What can I say to that? I can try cleaning it myself. I don't have one to trade with her.

Pam and other cooiking spray's a nightmare!I made that mistake with my small bar pan before i knew what the heck i was supposed to do with stoneware! It got this really sticky weird layer that I could not clean off with just water and the scraper or brush... (I know this is going to sound gross, but...) eventually it just cooked off into the food and it got back to normal after I baked a small batch of brownies, crecent rolls, garlic bread and other stuff in it. If I coudl get a do-over, I definaltely wouldn've used the baking soda to get the nasty pam cooking spray layer off instead of letting it cook into the food-- YUCK!

Yeah, I feel bad tho because I didn't tell her NOT to use pam (I had no idea it would make that much of a mess)... I have a spritzer so that's what I used on my stone automatically... otherwise I use the silicone brush with oil like some of the recipes I have seen... being new to PC, I don't know all the secrets yet.

Uh-oh. I thought we were supposed to use Pam until our stone got seasoned??

What are we supposed to use until it get seasoned? (My stone did not get "seasoned" with one batch of crescents)

Use the kitchen spritzer or brush on oil using a pastry brush. You can also use a mixture of equal amounts of Crisco and flour. Brush it on. Place your stoneware in a cold oven. Set the oven to 350. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off. Let the stone cool in the oven. Remove. Clean. (You can put a piece of foil on the rack below to catch any drips, but don't put your stoneware on the foil.)This is what I suggest for people who are ooked out by the feel of unseasoned stoneware.

Regular oil (spritz, brush, or wipe it on with a paper towel) is best before your stone is seasoned. Pam and other sprays have propellants and other ingredients (all natural, mind you) that can build up and cause things to stick. If this host's pan is new, the Pam shouldn't have built up already. I recommend using the salt and shortening method. Scott (I think) posted very detailed instructions, but I don't have time to look for them now. Basically, you smear shortening and salt into a pan, then bake it at 250. Wipe out the excess, and it will be perfectly seasoned.

Thanks, Heather. I was just going to look for it. :)

Cool! I like this recipe and explanation much better. I think I'll print it off and offer it to my customers.

The pan is fairly new, got it late October. I know she said they used pam 1x and soap 1x. I don't know why things are sticking. I will ask her if I could pick it up from her. If I can, then I will try the baking soda paste and then that seasoning process you just linked. I remember reading that one before, I didn't use it on my bar pan because I made bacon a few times on it right off the bat and it's seasoned nicely.Thanks again for all your help!

I just wanted to update on the status of this bar pan. I got it from her last night and did the baking soda paste then I did the seasoning that Heather posted (and Ann recommended) and I made a few batches of cookies on it tonight and I didn't have any sticking. I can try something else that she said stuck on it as well but I think the deep clean/seasoning did the trick. Thanks again for all your advice.

1. Why is my customer's bar pan sticking?

There could be several reasons why your customer's bar pan is sticking. It could be due to the type of food being cooked, the temperature of the oven, or the condition of the pan itself. It's important to properly season the pan before each use to prevent sticking.

2. What is the best way to season a bar pan?

The best way to season a bar pan is to coat it with a thin layer of oil or cooking spray, and then bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes. This will create a non-stick surface on the pan.

3. Can I use metal utensils on a bar pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on a bar pan as they can scratch the non-stick surface and cause sticking. It's best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to protect the pan.

4. What is the best way to clean a bar pan?

The best way to clean a bar pan is to let it cool completely before washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal scrubbers, as they can damage the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn food particles stuck on the pan, soak it in warm water before washing.

5. How can I prevent my bar pan from sticking in the future?

To prevent sticking in the future, make sure to properly season the pan before each use and avoid using metal utensils. Also, be sure to follow the recommended cooking temperatures and times for the type of food being prepared. Regular cleaning and proper storage of the pan can also help maintain its non-stick properties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
susan g
  • Amyskitchen2