• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help!! What Happened to My Bar Pan

In summary, bar pans can warp or crack due to sudden temperature changes and should be allowed to cool gradually. To prevent sticking, grease the pan before use or use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. It is not recommended to use metal utensils on the bar pan and it should be cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Bar pans are not suitable for use in the microwave as they are made of metal.
Amyskitchen2
My large bar pan is about 4 years old and is black as heck, seasoned beyond belief, anyway, I made the Ham & Cheese Brunch squares and they stuck to the pan! I have never had this happen with anything. Has anyone ever had anything stick to their bar pans?? Do I need to break out the new one (I bought 2 yrs ago and never used)?

There are just some recipes where they recommend you still oil the pan - those are one of them!

Yes, you definitely have to oil the pan with this one. It has something to do with the way the starch of the potato and the protein of the egg react together.

Oh and DO NOT ever make this on one of the metal pans, even if it's oiled...unless of course, you like soaking and scrubbing your pans for 3 weeks to get them clean. :eek: (been there, done that. No fun!)

Related to Help!! What Happened to My Bar Pan

1. What causes my bar pan to warp or crack?

Bar pans can warp or crack due to sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot pan in cold water or placing a cold pan in a hot oven. It's important to allow the pan to cool down gradually before washing or placing it in the oven again.

2. How do I prevent my bar pan from sticking?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease the pan with cooking spray or oil before use. You can also use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on the pan for added non-stick protection.

3. Can I use metal utensils on my bar pan?

No, it's not recommended to use metal utensils on your bar pan as they can scratch the non-stick surface. It's best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to prevent damage.

4. How should I clean my bar pan?

To clean your bar pan, use warm soapy water and a soft sponge or dishcloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can damage the non-stick coating. If there are stubborn food stains, you can soak the pan in warm soapy water for a few minutes before cleaning.

5. Can I use my bar pan in the microwave?

No, bar pans are not suitable for use in the microwave as they are made of metal. They are designed for use in the oven only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heather223
  • Renee Anderson