• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Never Use Large Metal Bar Pans: A Brunch Disaster Story

In summary, the lesson learned is NEVER use the large metal bar pan to make Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares!
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
The lesson learned is NEVER use the large metal bar pan to make Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares!

Last Saturday, I had a huge brunch party (25 expected - 24 showed up!) and the host had several vegetarian guests, so we decided to do one batch in the stone, and a vegetarian one in the metal bar pan.

Well, it stuck so bad (and yes, I oiled the pan) that since then, I've been soaking, scraping, and scrubbing every day! Finally, today I bought a metal scrubbie thing, and was able to make it presentable again. Of course, it's completely covered in scratch marks now, but at least it's clean. I guess I've used stoneware for so long that I forgot what a pain metal bakeware can be!

Wow, that had to be frustrating. I'm glad you finally got it clean.

Parchment next time! That stinks that it was at a show.

etteluap70PC said:
Parchment next time! That stinks that it was at a show.

It didn't seem to bother anyone at the show - they ate the whole pan! (and the show is closing tomorrow at over $1000!!!)

Grrr....sorry to hear you had to use so much muscle....I've forgotten about the scouring and scrubbing since I became a stone junkie! :) Way to go with the $1000 show....I want one too! :p

Sorry about the pan! I'm now a stoneware girl, too. Congratulations on the show total. That is wonderful!

I still haven't used my metal pans. They're right there, very handy, but I can't seem to pick them. I haven't used metal pans in more than 25 years and I can't make me use them now. ...well I used the small one in the toaster oven once but even with it stored IN the toaster oven and the stone small bar pan on the other counter I always (but that once) use the stone. That once it worked just fine, btw.

It's amazing the difference between using stoneware and other pans. Just last night at my mom's for dinner, the chicken nuggets for my picky toddler came out so hard on her metal sheet pans. Over the weekend I made 2 pans of chicken enchiladas to serve for company. One batch was in my 9x13 stoneware and my other one had to go in *gasp* Pyrex. Now, I used to LOVE my pyrex, but since using stoneware I totally see a difference in cooking/baking quality. My stoneware enchiladas came out perfectly and the pan was so easy to clean. The pyrex batch was cooked unevenly and the bottoms of the tortillas were so hard you had to use a knife to cut through them all the way. And even though I greased the pan, I still had to soak and scrub it.Now I know why they invented foil and parchment paper! ;)

The difference is really amazing. My husband and I just moved into our own house and when he was putting my PC stuff away he asked why we even need the metal pans! He is slightly addicted to my stoneware!!

1. Why should I avoid using large metal bar pans for brunch dishes?

Large metal bar pans are not suitable for brunch dishes because they conduct heat too quickly and can cause uneven cooking or burning of the food. This can result in a brunch disaster and ruin your meal.

2. Can I use large metal bar pans for any brunch dishes?

No, it is not recommended to use large metal bar pans for any brunch dishes as they are not suitable for baking and can lead to uneven cooking and burnt food.

3. What are some alternative options to using large metal bar pans for brunch dishes?

There are several alternative options you can use for brunch dishes such as ceramic or glass baking dishes, cast iron skillets, or even non-stick metal pans. These options will provide more even heat distribution and prevent a brunch disaster.

4. Can I still use large metal bar pans for other types of dishes?

Yes, large metal bar pans can still be used for other types of dishes such as roasting vegetables or baking cookies. Just be sure to keep an eye on the cooking time and adjust accordingly to prevent burning.

5. How can I prevent a brunch disaster when using large metal bar pans?

If you must use large metal bar pans for brunch dishes, make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly. You can also line the pan with parchment paper to prevent direct contact with the food and reduce the risk of burning. Alternatively, consider using alternative baking options for a more successful brunch experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amyskitchen2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies