• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has My Large Bar Pan Changed Over Time?

In summary, the Large Bar Pan from the past is the same as the Large Bar Pan now, but the new one is heavier and thicker at the sides. The edge design is a little different.
kam
Staff member
OK, this is going to sound weird...

I have had a Large Bar Pan for a few years.

I just got the New Consultant's kit in and I notice that the Large Bar Pan that I just got seems a little different. It seems so much heavier and the sides seem taller than my old one.

Am I imagining this or do these things change?

Just seemed odd.
Thanks,
Kathleen

Last edited:
I think your old one is just the "bar pan" and the new is now the large one. I see yours referenced in older recipes. I don't know when the new one was introduced.

I was asked if it was smaller than before. My old one broke and I got a new one with my Kit. It does indeed look somewhat "different" but I can't place just what it is about it. I think maybe the sides flare out a little and on my older one they went straight up. To me, the corners also seem like they don't have as much to them (thinner) as my old one. Of course I threw my old one out so I can't compare them now. :p lol But I do agree, there seems to be a slight difference.
~Vicks

They're all "handmade" so they will be slightly different.

The barpan from the past is the same as the large bar pan. They started calling it that when they introduced the medium bar pan.

The new one is definitely heavier and thicker at the sides.

I really do not like how much heavier the new one is - they are heavy enough to try to take out of the oven and carry to shows.

I think the new ones seem a little smaller than the older one I have (my mom's is newer and is a wee bit smaller than mine). Perhaps this is because they are handmade.

I did notice that the edge design is a little different- and yes- mine seems thinner overall than the new ones.

I am glad it is not just me! Yes, the edge design is different.

I havent taken mine out of the kit yet...Im going to have to compare!:balloon:

1. Why does my large bar pan look different than the one I saw in the catalog or online?

The large bar pan has not changed over time, but it may appear different due to differences in lighting and photography. Rest assured, the quality and dimensions of the pan remain the same.

2. Has the material of the large bar pan changed?

No, the large bar pan is still made of the same durable stoneware material that it has always been made of.

3. Are the dimensions of the large bar pan the same as before?

Yes, the dimensions of the large bar pan have not changed over time. It still measures 10.5" x 15.5" x 1" and holds 23 cups of food.

4. Is the large bar pan still safe to use in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the large bar pan is still safe to use in the oven and microwave, just as it has always been. It can withstand temperatures up to 450°F.

5. Has the large bar pan been updated with any new features?

No, the large bar pan has not been updated with any new features. It still has the same non-stick surface and easy-grip handles for convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • Amyskitchen2