• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Large Bar Pan: What's Different?

It might be a little more expensive to get the new lids, but I think it's worth it in the long run.The newer sturdier lids have reinforced "spokes" in the plastic. The older ones that are pretty flimsy just have circles of thicker plastic. Hope that makes sense!It's worth a shot to call but like I said, mine were only 8 months old when I discovered that they changed the lids.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I used my brand spaking new large bar pan tonight. I forgot what they look like when they are new, so weird looking! I noticed the handles seem different, like they are turned downward slightly. I just got my old one last year, was this something recent?

I'm not sure about the bar pan, but I've noticed when I purchased a replacement lid for my SS bowl it was different...thicker and more durable. It actually seemed the lid would hold up in the dishwasher where my original lids weren't supposed to go in there at all. This happened for something else, but I can't remember what...I wondered if PC improved the quality and just didn't share the info or maybe I missed the news flash.

The lids for the SS bowls changed a while ago. You missed the news flash. :)

I got my original SS bowls at my bridal shower almost 2 years ago, then when I earned mine last year, I noticed the lids were different so I did an adjustment by calling HO and got the new lids for my old set. Then I passed them down to my sister.

wadesgirl said:
I got my original SS bowls at my bridal shower almost 2 years ago, then when I earned mine last year, I noticed the lids were different so I did an adjustment by calling HO and got the new lids for my old set. Then I passed them down to my sister.
Sorry to hijack...but they replaced them FOR you? I keep thinking I need to order the lids on a replacement order, but I think it would be $15+ to do so...so I keep putting it off. I can't stand the lids that originally came with the set, they are so flimsy that they don't even stay on the bowl!

KellyTheChef said:
Sorry to hijack...but they replaced them FOR you? I keep thinking I need to order the lids on a replacement order, but I think it would be $15+ to do so...so I keep putting it off. I can't stand the lids that originally came with the set, they are so flimsy that they don't even stay on the bowl!

My original bowls were within the first year warranty but they replaced them for me for free.

The new lids are so much nicer. I noticed it right away when I earned the other set. That's why I called.

Hmmmm...I don't even use the lids! They are tucked in the back of a cabinet! Maybe I need to replace mine as welll..........

I am not sure if mine are the newew ones or not, i got them before i became a consultant i think Sept 2006.

Kodeysmom said:
I am not sure if mine are the newew ones or not, i got them before i became a consultant i think Sept 2006.
The newer sturdier lids have reinforced "spokes" in the plastic. The older ones that are pretty flimsy just have circles of thicker plastic. Hope that makes sense!

It's worth a shot to call but like I said, mine were only 8 months old when I discovered that they changed the lids.

Related to New Large Bar Pan: What's Different?

1. What are the dimensions of the new large bar pan?

The new large bar pan measures 15.5" x 10.5" x 1" and has a 2.25 quart capacity.

2. Is the new large bar pan non-stick?

Yes, the new large bar pan has a non-stick coating that ensures easy release and clean-up.

3. Can the new large bar pan be used in the oven?

Yes, the new large bar pan is oven-safe up to 450°F.

4. Is the new large bar pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the new large bar pan is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

5. How does the new large bar pan differ from the previous version?

The new large bar pan has a larger capacity, measuring 2.25 quarts compared to the previous version's 2 quart capacity. It also has a reinforced rim for added durability and a new non-stick coating for easier release of baked goods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Denarella
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • christyine winslow