• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Cookies on a Bar Pan for the First Time

In summary, to properly preheat a bar pan before baking cookies, you should place it in the oven while it is preheating to ensure even heating. Parchment paper or a silicone mat can be used on the bar pan to prevent sticking and make clean up easier. Greasing the pan is not necessary due to its non-stick coating. To know when the cookies are done baking, look for slightly golden edges and a set center, or use a toothpick to test for doneness. The bar pan can also be used for other baked goods besides cookies, but baking times may need to be adjusted for different recipes.
lisacb77
Just tried baking cookies on this for the first time tonight. I noticed they needed an extra minute. Is that normal?

I also noticed it made the cookies more soft & chewy than crispy like the ones directly on the stone. I assume that's usual too.

It also got me wondering if I could have just spread the Celebrate Cookie dough all over the Bar Pan with Parchment under it and then cut it with a Pizza Cutter? Might be easier?

Appreciate your thoughts :D

That would probably work.

I always put a piece in the pan when I'm making brownies so I can pull the whole thing out before it cools completely. Then I cut with the pizza cutter. (Got that tip on Good Eats.)

Oh, I love Alton Brown! Thanks Ann :)

I had someone ask me how our price for parchment compared with the store. I did have an old roll in the cabinet and ours has more on it ... ours 39 feet... reynolds has 24 feet ... but it's been so long since I bought this I don't know the price in the store. I'll try and put it on my to do list and check it out. Has anyone checked. I love ours ... anything bleached makes me nervous to bake on and there's something about the feel of ours that I like better also but I'm hoping that I can also prove it's competitive price wise.

I went to peapod an online delivery service offered by stop & shop:

IFC Parchment Cooking Paper 70 SQ FT $5.29

Reynolds Parchment Cooking Paper 15" Wide 30 SQ FT $3.29

1. How do I properly preheat the bar pan before baking cookies?

The best way to preheat your bar pan is to place it in the oven while it is preheating. This will ensure that the pan is evenly heated and ready for your cookies.

2. Can I use parchment paper or a silicone mat on the bar pan?

Yes, you can use either parchment paper or a silicone mat on the bar pan. This will help prevent the cookies from sticking to the pan and make clean up easier.

3. Do I need to grease the bar pan before baking cookies?

No, you do not need to grease the bar pan before baking cookies. The non-stick coating on the pan should prevent the cookies from sticking.

4. How do I know when the cookies are done baking on the bar pan?

The cookies will be done when the edges are slightly golden and the center is set. You can also insert a toothpick into the center of a cookie, and if it comes out clean, the cookies are done.

5. Can I use the bar pan for other types of baked goods besides cookies?

Yes, the bar pan can be used for a variety of baked goods such as brownies, bars, and even pizza. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly for different recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Renee Anderson
  • Products and Tips
Replies