• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Large Bar Pan vs. Round and Rectangle Stones: Which Holds More Cookies?

In summary, the large round stone or the rectangle stone? I just had a customer ask me that and I wasn't really sure. Does anyone know?
cat
Gold Member
The large round stone or the rectangle stone? I just had a customer ask me that and I wasn't really sure. Does anyone know?

I was trying to sell her the large bar pan, because it is more versatile, with the sides, but she wanted either the large round stone or rectangle....whichever holds more cookies!

I think they both hold about the same.

Thanks Deb,

That was my guess as well, but I don't have the rectangle stone so I can't try it. I always use the large bar pan and sometimes the large round stone and I seem to be able to get more cookies on the bar pan. The rectangle stone is slightly bigger than the bar pan, but has no sides, so I wasn't sure how close to the edge I can go before they start to spill over...

Just wondering if anyone has tried it..

Thanks!

I don't have the Rectangle either, but the picture of it shows 12 cookies. I always use my Round Stone and can get at least 12 on there.

Depending on the size of your cookies. If I use the small scoop I get 12 easily on the rectangle stone. If I use the medium scoop I usually get 8.

I never counted on the large round stone as I mostly use the rectangle stone when I do cookies.

I do tons of cookies with the cookie press on both of the stones. The large round stone actually has a larger surface area but I have never been able to get more than 1 extra cookie to go on it. I prefer the rectangle stone for cookies because it presents a more logical layout-rows of cookies, instead of the round stone where you just have to guess how to fit the most on. With that said, I still prefer the round stone overall because it is more versatile and can be used for frozen pizzas! I would only choose the rectangle first if I never planned to do anything but bake cookies. Hope this helps!

I make a ton of cookies at Christmas time using both stones and the large round definitely holds more.

I agree with Beth - I can get a lot more on my Large round stone. I start by making a circle as close to the edge - about 1" away and then an inner circle, then like 3 in the middle. I know it holds more than a dozen.
Joanne

I use both and for some reason I am thinking that both hold 12 of the medium scoop size cookies. That is the only size i ever use to make them so that is the only input I can offer,

I get more on my rectangle stone than on my round stone. I usually use both when I make cookies because I make large batches. I get 12 cookies from the medium scoop on the rectangle stone, but only 11 on my round stone. My spacing may be an issue, though.

I usually get 15 on the Round Stone (using the med. scoop) - but you really need the rack, or you end up sticking your pot-holder in cookie (no edges to grab!)....or maybe that's just me:rolleyes:

I think it depends on the type of cookies you're baking, too. Mine usually spread a bit, so I like a lot of space. Otherwise, they become attached to one another. I like my cookies to be nice and round, so I don't like it when they touch. Nope, not a bit of OCD here!

raebates said:
I think it depends on the type of cookies you're baking, too. Mine usually spread a bit, so I like a lot of space. Otherwise, they become attached to one another. I like my cookies to be nice and round, so I don't like it when they touch. Nope, not a bit of OCD here!
Do you count cookies? I do that- count them as I put them on the stones, count them as I take them to the cooling rack, count them as I put them in a container. And I'd better darn well get AT LEAST as many as the recipe says, or I'm mad!

Funnily, that particular form of OCD must be hereditary - both of my sisters are cookie-counters, too.

I thought I was the only one who counted cookies. Yes, I get a bit peeved if it does come at least close to the stated amount. Guess I have some pouting issues, too.

Me too! I always have the goal to have at least a couple more than the recipe says! AH HA!! :p

That's why my sister only uses the Small Scoop for cookies - to her "quantity" is the most important!! She has to beat the recipe every time! Funny,...
Joanne

ChefinHarmony said:
That's why my sister only uses the Small Scoop for cookies - to her "quantity" is the most important!! She has to beat the recipe every time! Funny,...
Joanne
That's what I do too. I didn't want to SAY that because I didn't want to sound like I'm cheating to get more cookies from a recipe. :rolleyes:

mine NEVER make it to the amount it says probably would if I didnt sit there and eat the dough all the time.

I go one step above the counting cookies.....As well as counting them I HAVE to have an even number!!! If I am scooping out cookies and I have enough dough left to were it equals an odd number I won't use it, or if for some ODD reason I lose count and end up with an odd number of cookies I will eat the extra one!! LOL Crazy I know.... I am like that at the gas pump to.... I keep pumping til I have an even number!!

I'm with Jennie...maybe half of the dough actually becomes cookies! All the rest goes in my tummy! (and Bry's too!)

We're quite a bunch!

You know, of course, that cookie dough has no calories. Technically, it's not a cookie until it's baked. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks everyone, for your help! My customer ended up getting 2 large round stones.

1. How many cookies can the Large Sheet Pan hold?

The Large Sheet Pan from Pampered Chef can hold up to 24 cookies at a time.

2. What is the capacity of the Medium Sheet Pan for cookies?

The Medium Sheet Pan from Pampered Chef can hold up to 18 cookies at a time.

3. Can the Small Sheet Pan hold a dozen cookies?

Yes, the Small Sheet Pan from Pampered Chef can hold up to 12 cookies at a time.

4. How many cookies can the Rectangle Baker hold?

The Rectangle Baker from Pampered Chef can hold up to 15 cookies at a time.

5. What is the maximum number of cookies that can fit on the Round Baking Stone?

The Round Baking Stone from Pampered Chef can hold up to 36 cookies at a time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • Swirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies