• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Debating DDB vs Rectangular Baker: Which to Prioritize?

In summary, the conversation revolves around two stoneware items - the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and the Deep Dish Baker (DDB). The participants discuss the uses and dimensions of both items, with some stating that the DCB is a must-have for cooking and show purposes. The conversation also touches on the longevity of the DCB and whether or not the DDB can be substituted with the Rectangular Baker.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, so I want to know the scoop on these two items. :) I don't have either. I have the rectangular baker, large bar pan, and then round stones and rectangular stones. So, I keep seeing recipes where it says to use the DDB, do I really need to add this to my collection right away, or can I use something else as a sub? How do the dimensions comare with the rectangular baker? The DCB I keep seeing that it's used for the 30 min. chicken. Anything else? My wish list keeps growing...but I have to prioritize things. Which is a must have?

babywings76 said:
Okay, so I want to know the scoop on these two items. :) I don't have either. I have the rectangular baker, large bar pan, and then round stones and rectangular stones. So, I keep seeing recipes where it says to use the DDB, do I really need to add this to my collection right away, or can I use something else as a sub? How do the dimensions comare with the rectangular baker? The DCB I keep seeing that it's used for the 30 min. chicken. Anything else? My wish list keeps growing...but I have to prioritize things. Which is a must have?

I own and love both - but the one I think is a must have for Show purposes is the DCB.

I have the DCB but do not have the DDB. I use it some but not often and will for the first time at my show on the 28th.

I have both and use the DCB more. My DDB was one of the first stones I bought many moons ago. My DCB just has more uses for me.....although I am going to have to replace it! It has a hairline crack down one side that I just noticed! Time to dig around and figure when I bought it!!

I have both. Have had the DCB since it came out. Love it. Use A LOT. It ranks with my lg bar pan as my favrourite stones.I just got the DDB (last week. So excited) and haven't used it. Yet. But I know I will, b/c like you, I saw so many recipes that called for it.

Does anyone know if in a pinch I can use my rectangular baker instead of the DDB? Or are the measurements off too much?

Last edited:

1. What is the main difference between the DDB and Rectangular Baker?

The main difference between the DDB (Deep Dish Baker) and Rectangular Baker is the shape and size. The DDB is deeper and narrower, while the Rectangular Baker is wider and shallower.

2. Which one is better for baking casseroles or lasagnas?

Both the DDB and Rectangular Baker are great for baking casseroles and lasagnas. However, the DDB is better for deep dish recipes that require more layers, while the Rectangular Baker is better for thinner, single layer dishes.

3. Can I use these bakeware for roasting meat?

Yes, both the DDB and Rectangular Baker can be used for roasting meat. The DDB is ideal for roasting smaller cuts of meat, while the Rectangular Baker can accommodate larger cuts.

4. Are these bakeware dishwasher safe?

Yes, both the DDB and Rectangular Baker are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them to preserve their non-stick coating.

5. Do these bakeware come with lids?

No, neither the DDB nor Rectangular Baker come with lids. However, you can purchase lids separately for both products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Carissidy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • clshirk
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Suzanne Johnson
  • PCSarahjm