• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help! I Don't Have a Square Baker for Batter Bowl Brownies

In summary, the directions call for a square baker, but an ordinary brownie pan can be used. The Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook might have the capacity for each piece of stoneware that was in the line when it came out. The mix will work just fine using the medium bar pan or a glass (:eek:) square pan. The M&M's are not included in the recipe, but they can be added if desired.
ChefPaulaB
Just mixing up a batch of the Batter Bowl Brownies and realized that the directions call to make it in the square baker, I don't have that. Anything else that'll work? I have the LBP, Rectangular Baker, Deep Dish Baker... round stones.... almost everything but the square! Any thoughts? Please!

My Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook isn't handy. If yours is, it will have the capacity for each piece of stoneware that was in the line when it came out.

is the square baker the same dimensions as a regular brownie pan? can you just use that?

You can use the medium bar pan in place of the square baker. I've used it before.

i used the medium bar pan and they baked up just fine.

I didn't have the medium bar pan either. I ended up using a glass :)eek:) square pan... They ended up taking like an additional 8-10 minutes and they are really thick! I think that I would've been fine with the rectangular baker (we really don't care for the cake like brownies). They just came out of the oven, so I'll have to let you know how they taste later, after they cool. But they are soooo thick:yuck:. Thanks for you help!

I use the large bar pan. They are great!

I wish that I would've used the large bar pan, they are sooooo thick! The taste is a little odd, not used to tasting so much cinnamon, but they're not bad. My kids didn't like them.

I leave the cinnamon out. My SIL doesn't like cinnamon at all and he says it takes very powerful in there... It's not a "necessity" so don't use it!

Yeah, if I made them again, I would leave out the cinnamon... I had the mix made up for an example of the batter bowl mixes for all of my shows, but decided to make them now that my Dec shows were done and I don't need to show it again. But, I agree that I would leave out the cinnamon, wish I had tried them before I gave 2 away as gifts to teachers!:eek: Oh well, they aren't horrible, just different.

Funny - because one reason I love them so much is because of the cinnamon.

I leave out the M&M's! I love them - just not in my brownies!

1. Can I use a different shaped baker for batter bowl brownies?

Yes, you can use a different shaped baker for batter bowl brownies. While a square baker is recommended for even baking, you can use a round, rectangular, or even a loaf pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as the thickness and size of the pan may affect the baking time.

2. Will the brownies still turn out the same if I don't have a square baker?

Yes, the brownies will still turn out delicious even if you don't have a square baker. However, the shape of the brownies may vary depending on the shape of the pan you use. Just keep an eye on the baking time and adjust as needed to ensure they are cooked through.

3. Can I use a glass baking dish for batter bowl brownies?

Yes, you can use a glass baking dish for batter bowl brownies. Just make sure to adjust the baking time as glass dishes tend to heat up faster than metal pans. You may also need to reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees to prevent the brownies from over-browning.

4. What is the best alternative to a square baker for batter bowl brownies?

The best alternative to a square baker for batter bowl brownies would be a rectangular pan with similar dimensions. This will ensure that the brownies bake evenly and have the same thickness throughout. If using a different shaped pan, just make sure to keep an eye on the baking time and adjust as needed.

5. Can I make batter bowl brownies without a pan?

Technically, you can make batter bowl brownies without a pan by pouring the batter into a greased and lined baking sheet. However, the edges may not be as defined and the brownies may be thinner. It is best to use a pan for even baking and better presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessnaugle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcbrandy
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ddcook