• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Black Forest Trifle recipe using two classic batter bowls for layering?

In summary, the author of this recipe recommends using 2 bowls to mix the ingredients- one for the cherry pie filling and one for the pudding. The recipe instructs to layer the cake, cherry pie filling, and pudding in this order, and to top with whipped topping. This recipe is easy to follow and can be made with few calories.
sillylittlechef
I'm confused. This recipe says to mix the cherry pie filling and the almond extract and then the cranberry juice in the classic batter bowl. Then it says to put 2 cups milk and the pudding mix in the classic batter bowl and then fold in cool whip. but in the assembly part it lists the pie filling and the pudding mix as two seperate layers.
So, is the author of this recipe using 2 classic batter bowls and mixing them and layering them seperately.
This is probably so simple, but it's late and I'm tired. I have to make this at a show tomorrow and I'm feeling very duh! right now. Thanks for any help

Black Forest Trifle
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup cranberry cherry juice
2 cups cold milk
2 pkgs (3.3 oz) white chocolate instant pudding & pie filling
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping thawed

1. Preheat oven to 350. Cut an 8 1/2 square parchment paper and lay in bottom of square baker. Prepare cake mix according to package, spread over bottom of baker. Bake 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center come out clean. Cool completely.

2. Loosen cake from sides of baker and invert cake onto cutting board. Cut cake into 1 inch cubes set aside. Chop 1 1/2 of chocolate bars using food chopper. Reserve remaining chocolate for garnishing.

3. Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract in small batter bowl remove 1/2 cup for garnishing and set aside. Stir juice in cherry pie filling in classic batter bowl.

4. Pour milk into classic batter bowl, whisk in pudding mixes until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping.

5. To assemble trifle, place half of the cake in bottom of Trifle Bowl. Layer half of the cherry pie filling mixture evenly over cake cubes. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate; top with half of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Repeat Layers.

6. Garnish top of trifle with reserved cherry pie filling and chocolate curls made with reserved chocolate. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Cherry filling in Small. Pudding in Classic.I see what you mean. The sentence says to mix it in the small batter bowl and the classic. Use the small for the cherry filling. Use the Classic for the pudding. Or do one better. Substitue in the Stainless bowls.

Great recipe. Good Question. I don't know but await the answer from someone of great wisdom.

Thanks John. I think I will substitute with the stainless bowls, and keep them as seperate layers.

THis is the BEST trifle:D

I always do the pie filling in the small batter bowl & the pudding layer in the SS medium bowl. I always explain how the ss bowl helps to make the pudding quicker because it keeps the ingredients colder than in the classic batter bowl. :)

I did the cherry filling in the small batter bowl and mixed the pudding and whipped topping in the classic. Worked very well!

I've made this several times, and only used the Cherry Pie filling (without adding the almond extract or juice. I can see where the juice would have
been good for the moisture soaking into the cake. Anyway, to answer your question, it is a layered dessert, and you will want to do the sequence of cake; filling, pudding, and repeat. I also added Cool whip for the topping, and grated chocolate chips over the top with my cheese grater. They are cheaper and almost always handy in my cupboard. I don't dare have chocolate bars hanging around to tempt me. You can use regular Chocolate Instant Sugar Free pudding if you prefer. I try to make it as few calories as possible for those who are trying to behave. It works just fine with 1% milk for the pudding, too.

What is a Black Forest Trifle?

A Black Forest Trifle is a decadent dessert that consists of layers of chocolate cake, cherry pie filling, and whipped cream. It is typically served in a glass trifle dish for a beautiful presentation.

Can I make a Black Forest Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a Black Forest Trifle in advance. The flavors actually develop and intensify when it is chilled overnight. Just be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap before refrigerating.

Do I have to use chocolate cake in a Black Forest Trifle?

No, you can use any type of cake you prefer in a Black Forest Trifle. Some people like to use vanilla or white cake for a lighter flavor, while others use chocolate brownies for an even richer dessert.

Can I use fresh cherries instead of cherry pie filling?

Yes, you can use fresh cherries in a Black Forest Trifle. Just pit and chop the cherries before layering them in the trifle dish. You may want to add a bit of sugar to the cherries to sweeten them.

What other toppings can I add to a Black Forest Trifle?

You can get creative with toppings for a Black Forest Trifle. Some popular options include chocolate shavings, chopped nuts, and chocolate syrup drizzled on top. You can also add a splash of cherry liqueur for an extra kick of flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies