• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I use my Family Skillet instead of a Bar Pan for this recipe?

In summary, a discussion took place about using different types of cookware in various recipes. The idea of showcasing cookware during a Panorama event was brought up, and it was suggested to use cookware-specific recipes from the "29 minute cookbook." The possibility of using the Family Skillet for a recipe designed for the bar pan was also mentioned, with the recommendation to possibly reduce the recipe by 1/3 due to the difference in surface area. A brunch recipe that used croissants as a base and was designed for the skillet was mentioned, but the name of the recipe was not remembered. The conversation also briefly veered towards the delay in receiving a cookbook package and making a low carb version of the recipe. Overall, the main
jrstephens
If a recipe like the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares in SB says cook in bar pan since out cookware is oven safe could we could it in the Family Skillet? Or pretty much any other recipe for that matter.

Can you tell I am trying to come up with creative ways to make sure I showcase cookware LIKE CRAZY during Panorama?

The Family Skillet has less surface area than the large bar pan, so it would be thicker, which would affect how it cooks. Maybe if you reduced the recipe by 1/3.

I could do that if it meant getting to show more cookware.

How about doing one that's actually designed for the cookware? What a novel concept! LOL

The 29 minute cookbook has a bunch of cookware recipes.

That sounds like a great idea! I was wanting to try out the recipe, but we won't eat all of that in the bar pan. Cutting the recipe and putting it in the Family Skillet just might work, sounds like I am going to have to go the grocery and get some ingredients! Let us know if you try it.

There was a brunch recipe a couple years ago that was made for the skillet - you used croissants as the base and poured eggs over it........hmmmm, can't remember the name of it though.....:confused:

chefann said:
How about doing one that's actually designed for the cookware? What a novel concept! LOL

The 29 minute cookbook has a bunch of cookware recipes.

ONCE AGAIN IF MY DARN SAT PACKAGE WOULD GET HERE I COULD LOOK AT THAT DARN COOKBOOK!!!!!!!!:D :D :eek: :D :D :cool:

<giggle> I just had to rub it in, didn't I?

chefann said:
<giggle> I just had to rub it in, didn't I?

The next time I may be FORCED to use something other than darn!!!:D :D :D :eek:

mpkegley said:
That sounds like a great idea! I was wanting to try out the recipe, but we won't eat all of that in the bar pan. Cutting the recipe and putting it in the Family Skillet just might work, sounds like I am going to have to go the grocery and get some ingredients! Let us know if you try it.

I made this recipe in the bar pan for the 3 of us yesterday. No way to eat it all at one time, but cut it into squares, then when your done eating, flash freeze the rest and toss the frozen squares into a Ziploc Freezer Bag. Grab one and nuke it about 2 minutes and you have breakfast/snack/whatever.

If you want to make it low carb, make the crust out of ground sausage instead of hashbrowns ...

Doesn't address your cookware situation, I know. But what's a little hijack among friends, eh? :D

What is the difference between the Bar Pan and the Family Skillet?

The Bar Pan and the Family Skillet are both versatile cooking tools from Pampered Chef, but they have a few key differences that make them suitable for different purposes.

How big is the Bar Pan compared to the Family Skillet?

The Bar Pan is slightly smaller than the Family Skillet, with dimensions of 10" x 15" x 1" compared to the Family Skillet's dimensions of 12" x 15" x 1.5". However, the Bar Pan is deeper, allowing for more volume and versatility in cooking.

Can I use the Bar Pan and the Family Skillet interchangeably?

While both the Bar Pan and the Family Skillet are versatile and can be used for a variety of dishes, they are designed for different purposes. The Bar Pan excels at baking, roasting, and broiling, while the Family Skillet is perfect for stovetop cooking, sautéing, and stir-frying.

Do the Bar Pan and Family Skillet have non-stick coatings?

Yes, both the Bar Pan and the Family Skillet have a non-stick coating that is PFOA-free and safe for use with metal utensils. This makes for easy cleanup and prevents food from sticking and burning.

Are the Bar Pan and Family Skillet oven-safe?

Yes, both the Bar Pan and the Family Skillet are oven-safe up to 450°F (230°C). This allows for a wide range of cooking methods and makes them suitable for use in the oven, on the stovetop, or even on the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Amyskitchen2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ChefBeckyD