• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Make the Most of My New Roaster & Pan? Any Easy Recipe Ideas?

In summary, the Roaster pan can be used for cooking beef, but it's not suitable for a demo due to time constraints. Ideas for recipes to alter for the Roaster pan include baking a cake or using the Kitchen Spritzer.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Does anyone have any recipes they could alter for the Roaster pan? id like to demo this, but roasts and such aren't suitable for a demo due to time... ideas?

Power Cooking Shows - Beef especially.
I cooked 5-6 lbs of ground beef in my roaster on the stove top. We were camping with a group and I made a HUGE batch of Taco meat. Froze several containers, and took the rest to our campout.

This isn't exactly altering a recipe, but I could see using the glass lid for a layered Mexican dip.

I thought about baking a cake in it, but I see that you aren't supposed to use nonstick sprays.

bcowdin said:
I thought about baking a cake in it, but I see that you aren't supposed to use nonstick sprays.

Use the Kitchen Spritzer instead of nonstick sprays. Or grease the pan with oil/butter/shortening. If it's non-stick, it might not even need it.

We shouldn't use non-stick sprays on ANY of our products- stones, metal pans, cookware. Use straight oil or our Spritzer with straight oil.

Actually some recipes do call for using a cooking spray (I believe on the mini-muffin pan for one) but I never buy that stuff. I don't want the chemicals. I use oil or butter, either sprayed on with the spritzer or rubbed on with a paper towel. I've always done it that way. Cheaper and no chemicals.

BethCooks4U said:
Actually some recipes do call for using a cooking spray (I believe on the mini-muffin pan for one) but I never buy that stuff. I don't want the chemicals. I use oil or butter, either sprayed on with the spritzer or rubbed on with a paper towel. I've always done it that way. Cheaper and no chemicals.

And no nasty build-up!

esavvymom said:
We shouldn't use non-stick sprays on ANY of our products- stones, metal pans, cookware. Use straight oil or our Spritzer with straight oil.

I actually e-mailed HO about that. They like to use that crud on recipes using the mini-muffin pan I've noticed. The response I got back was that it was OK for the muffin pan and the mini-muffin pan. The answer irritated me because they didn't answer my question. I asked why they use cooking spray instead of the Kitchen Spritzer. It makes no sense to me to use that when we have a perfectly good oil sprayer that we're supposed to be selling. Lack of a real answer irritated me.

I know some people have had problems with their Spritzers, I have never had problems with mine (except that the bottom part of the pump - where it seals the tube- likes to crack) and have had mine for over 10 years. The suds pump is another story. I've given up and use a regular SoftSoap pump. I water down the soap before I put it in though.

lt1jane said:
I actually e-mailed HO about that. They like to use that crud on recipes using the mini-muffin pan I've noticed. The response I got back was that it was OK for the muffin pan and the mini-muffin pan. The answer irritated me because they didn't answer my question. I asked why they use cooking spray instead of the Kitchen Spritzer. It makes no sense to me to use that when we have a perfectly good oil sprayer that we're supposed to be selling. Lack of a real answer irritated me.

Every time I see a recipe where they say to use a cooking spray I wonder if the spritzer is being discontinued soon. lol

A company that states in their guarantee of so many of their products that non-stick sprays will void the warranty should never use the sprays in any recipe. If the consumer has it in the house they will use it and why not? It's what they know. It is our job to educate them. They need to be made aware of the chemicals and the build up issue. When I talk about that at a show and someone says they have a great sprayer they bought at ______ that uses their own oil (usually a stainless steel version of the spritzer) I say "That's great! And for those that don't have one we do carry a spritzer that does the same thing".

Another issue I have with the test kitchens (besides using cooking spray vs our spritzer) is their use of plastic bags and cutting the end to drizzle or garnish (they're doing that again with the new caramel mousse cups and the mini cherry cordial cups) when we have two products that do that! The EAD (Easy Accent Decorator) and the Decorator Bottles. I realize that if the ingredients aren't finely chopped they could clog in the tip of the EAD but if they follow the directions they would be fine. They could always say in the cooks tips that a plastic bag with the tip cut off could be used. And besides, using our tools results in less plastic thrown into the landfills.

BethCooks4U said:
Another issue I have with the test kitchens (besides using cooking spray vs our spritzer) is their use of plastic bags and cutting the end to drizzle or garnish (they're doing that again with the new caramel mousse cups and the mini cherry cordial cups) when we have two products that do that! The EAD (Easy Accent Decorator) and the Decorator Bottles. I realize that if the ingredients aren't finely chopped they could clog in the tip of the EAD but if they follow the directions they would be fine. They could always say in the cooks tips that a plastic bag with the tip cut off could be used. And besides, using our tools results in less plastic thrown into the landfills.

I've thought that for a long time or come out with some kind of frosting bags to use.

So, back to the OP's question...I don't know it I will demo this item but I will promote it as a roasting pan for smaller families, singles and older couples. And of course, the fact that the cover can be used as a baking dish too. Not really an answer but it's what I am thinking.

I think it will serve us well for power cooking, baking a chicken or small turkey. It's a great size for making chex mixes or caramel corn, baking cakes or deep dish pies. Line it with plastic wrap and layer in assorted ice creams for a giant ice cream cake

lt1jane said:

I know some people have had problems with their Spritzers, I have never had problems with mine (except that the bottom part of the pump - where it seals the tube- likes to crack) and have had mine for over 10 years. The suds pump is another story. I've given up and use a regular SoftSoap pump. I water down the soap before I put it in though.

It could be because with the mini muffin and regular muffin pans that the oil can pool at the bottom instead of just coating it. Does that make sense? I use my kitchen spritzer for stuff like that but I always go through with a paper towel and wipe out any excess.

I have been mulling over what to do in the roaster too. I was thinking skillet lasagna on the stove top and pop it into the over to melt the cheese

BethCooks4U said:

When I didn't have these tools, I used to tell people, "And this is what you use when you DON'T have an Easy Accent Decorator."

I was thinking the other day about Twice Baked Poatoes. Have the customer bake them in advance. If you run out of room, you can always use the top for additional ones.

I have been wanting to demo this because it's an October special, and because I think people really need to see it. Everyone went on about how light it is. Convince me that this is a good idea and I'll buy one as a sample!

Think about what you would use it for in your kitchen. If you can think of several things you would make in it then it's worth the investment - especially at 50% off.

I will take it to October shows so the host can see it but otherwise don't plan to lug it around even though it is light. I am trying to carry less. I don't see me using it at shows much.

1. What are some creative ways to use the New Roaster & Pan during a demo?

There are many fun and unique ways to showcase the versatility of the New Roaster & Pan during a demo. Some ideas include making a one-pan meal such as a sheet pan dinner or a roast with vegetables, using it to make a delicious dessert like a fruit crisp, or even using it as a serving platter for appetizers.

2. Can the New Roaster & Pan be used on all stovetops?

Yes, the New Roaster & Pan is designed to be compatible with all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. This makes it a great option for all home cooks, no matter what type of stovetop they have.

3. How is the New Roaster & Pan different from other roasting pans?

The New Roaster & Pan is made with our exclusive non-stick coating, making it easy to clean and eliminating the need for oil or butter while cooking. It also has a unique shape and design that allows for even heat distribution and reduces the risk of burning or sticking.

4. Can the New Roaster & Pan be used in the oven?

Yes, the New Roaster & Pan is oven-safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes it perfect for roasting meats, vegetables, and even baking dishes like casseroles or lasagna.

5. What are some tips for caring for the New Roaster & Pan?

To ensure the longevity of your New Roaster & Pan, it is important to hand wash it with mild soap and warm water. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the non-stick coating. It is also recommended to use silicone or wooden utensils while cooking to avoid scratching the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • Teresa LM
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies