• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making "The Great Pumpkin Cake" Interactive!

In summary, the recipe for the Great Pumpkin Cake is a 1 pkg. (2-layer) cake mix, softened cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, food colorings, and a COMET cup. The cake mix is to be prepared in a Stoneware Fluted Pan as directed on the package, and then the cream cheese and butter are to be beat until creamy. The white frosting is to be tinted orange with red and yellow food colorings, and then the cake is to be inverted in a hole in the top for the "pumpkin's stem." The remaining frosting is to be spread in vertical lines down side of cake using an Easy Accent Decorator.
pampered2007
My host for an upcoming cooking show would like to have "The Great Pumpkin Cake" recipe! Any suggestions on how to do this as an interactive cooking show? This recipe seems like it will be a lot of fun to make but there aren't many steps involved. The cake will probably be made prior to the show.

I was thinking of having some product demos so the guests can have a chance to "play" with some tools and then finish up with the decorating of the cake. What would everyone else do?

Thanks!

Do a potato demo that way people get the chance to play with most of the products. Sounds like fun.

Ok so I have to ask, what is the Great Pumpkin Cake?

armywyf said:
Ok so I have to ask, what is the Great Pumpkin Cake?
Thanks for asking. . . .

I found the recipe under files. I did a seach for "pumpkin cake" and there is was! Check it out! There is a color picture of it. Here's the recipe...thanks to the person who originally posted the recipe :)

Anyone have interactive ideas on this recipe????

Great Pumpkin Cake
1 pkg. (2-layer) cake mix (any flavor), plus ingredients to prepare mix
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
Few drops each green, red and yellow food colorings
1 COMET Cup

PREPARE and bake cake mix in Stoneware Fluted Pan as directed on package. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.

BEAT cream cheese and butter in Small Batter Bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Remove 1/2 cup of the frosting; place in small bowl. Add green food coloring; stir until well blended. Using Small Spreader, spread half of the green frosting onto outside of ice cream cone; set aside. Reserve remaining green frosting for later use.

ADD red and yellow food colorings to the remaining white frosting to tint it orange. Using All Purpose Spreader, spread onto cake to resemble pumpkin. Invert ice cream cone in hole in top of cake for the "pumpkin's stem." Pipe the reserved green frosting in vertical lines down side of cake using Easy Accent Decorator.

** Fun Idea
Place black gumdrops on sheet of wax paper sprinkled with additional sugar. Using Bakers Roller, thinly flatten each gumdrop, turning frequently to coat both sides with sugar. Cut into desired shapes with Paring Knife w/ Case. Use to decorate frosted cake to resemble a jack-o'-lantern.

Thanks for posting the recipe! What about making it a microwave cake, everyone is always amazed that we can bake cakes in the microwave with the stoneware.

OMG . . .I think I might just have to make this today. As far as interactive maybe you could. . . Have one group measure and mix the cake, another group do the cream cheese frosting, and another do the frosting of the cone and rolling the gum drops. Then if you still need more stations you could set up some try me station like someone else on here had talked about. . . nuts in the chopper, maybe something on the mandaline, this way people that aren't in a station could use those and those who's station is completed could try those when finished.

It sounds like fun. I will have to do one this week.

I don't have a cake mix here.....does anyone recall how long it takes to bake a bundt cake in the oven?? I have a feeling that it may take a while so it might be better to pre-bake the cake BEFORE the party and then just have the guests decorate.

1. How do I make "The Great Pumpkin Cake" interactive?

To make "The Great Pumpkin Cake" interactive, you will need to follow these steps:

• Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and water. Mix until well combined.
  • Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • While the cake is still warm, use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the surface of the cake.
  • Prepare the pudding mix according to package instructions and pour it over the cake, making sure it seeps into the holes.
  • Let the cake cool completely before topping it with whipped cream and crushed graham crackers.
  • Serve and enjoy your interactive pumpkin cake!

2. Can I use a different cake mix for "The Great Pumpkin Cake"?

Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix that you prefer. Chocolate or spice cake mixes also work well with this recipe.

3. How should I store "The Great Pumpkin Cake"?

This cake should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days.

4. Can I make "The Great Pumpkin Cake" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. However, it is best to add the toppings and serve the cake on the same day for the best taste and texture.

5. Can I make "The Great Pumpkin Cake" vegan or gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this cake vegan by using a vegan cake mix and substituting the eggs with a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water). For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free cake mix and make sure all other ingredients are also gluten-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies