• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Pumpkin Batter Bowl Cake - Kraft Recipe Tips

In summary, the author is thinking about making a cake out of a pumpkin bar batter bowl, and is debating between using a flat frosting or using the star tip on the EAD. They are also considering making a cake out of 2 fluted pan cakes and putting them together.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I have decided instead of making pumpkin bars I want to make a cake out of the batter bowl and decorate it. I've never made any kind of cake like this! I found a pumpkin bar recipe on Kraft's website. Do you think I can use that or will it be too dense or heavy to hold the batter bowl cake?

I'm also debating on either using flat frosting or using the star tip on the EAD. Is that difficult to do?

Wow, that sounds exciting. Please post a pic when you're done, I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out. I always thought about making 2 bundt pan cakes (I mean 2 fluted pan cakes) and putting them together to try and make a pumpkin, but I never seem to get around to doing it. Anyone else try making a pumpkin cake???

EpTxGuy said:
Wow, that sounds exciting. Please post a pic when you're done, I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out. I always thought about making 2 bundt pan cakes (I mean 2 fluted pan cakes) and putting them together to try and make a pumpkin, but I never seem to get around to doing it. Anyone else try making a pumpkin cake???

I'll post pictures if I don't forget my camera! I know that idea but I don't need anything that large!

Also if I'm using cream cheese frosting, should I put the cake in the fridge overnight if I make it the night before?

Here's a recipe for a pumpkin cake that uses a fluted pan. There's even a video tutorial.
Video Page

i might try this after I borrow my directors fluted pan. (Gotta get me one of those!)

CAPCnewbie said:
Here's a recipe for a pumpkin cake that uses a fluted pan. There's even a video tutorial.
Video Page

i might try this after I borrow my directors fluted pan. (Gotta get me one of those!)

Ooh, I like the idea of using a ice cream cone as the stem, I was still trying to figure that part out.

I just watched this. OMG how yummy looking and simple. Might just make it for a treat for co-workers for Friday. Thank you for sharing.

CAPCnewbie said:
Video Page

I have made this many times in our fluted stone, in the micro wave. Just make 1 box of cake mix, 1 pint of sour cream & 3 eggs. 12 minutes its done. You can get the cones all ready colored. It is SO simple to make!! Enjoy!!!

That cake looks so cute! and EASY! I think for the cake though, I'd personally like a spice or pumpkin cake - for flavor. :D

1. How do I make the pumpkin batter bowl cake using Pampered Chef products?

To make the pumpkin batter bowl cake, you will need the Pampered Chef Batter Bowl and the Pampered Chef Mix 'N Scraper. Follow the instructions in the Kraft Recipe Tips, and use the Mix 'N Scraper to mix the ingredients in the batter bowl.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the pumpkin batter bowl cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the pumpkin batter bowl cake. However, the recipe recommends using a spice cake mix for the best flavor.

3. Is the pumpkin batter bowl cake difficult to make?

No, the pumpkin batter bowl cake is very easy to make. The recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and can be whipped up in no time.

4. How long does the pumpkin batter bowl cake need to cool before serving?

The pumpkin batter bowl cake should be allowed to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. This will ensure that the cake is firm and can be easily removed from the batter bowl.

5. Can I make the pumpkin batter bowl cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the pumpkin batter bowl cake ahead of time. Simply store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jen72467
Replies