• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How many cake mixes do I need for a bride cake using a batter bowl?

In summary, the recipe instructions say to mix and cook the cake mixes separately and then assemble the cake once it is baked. The recipe also says to cut off the rounded bottoms of the cakes so that they will be level and to slice off 2 inches from the large end of one cake and to arrange it on the serving plate as the bottom of the doll's skirt. The frosting for the cake didn't turn out looking great, but everyone still liked it.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi, I have a shower tomorrow at 1pm and needed the recipe instructions on how to make the bride cake?

I read somewhere you need 1.5 cake mixes to use the the classic batter bowl or was it 2 packages? Do you mix and cook both or 1.5 pks at one time? I need a recipe- instructions by 9 or 10am! Help please!:eek:

I made a spider cake but I think I used the small batter bowl and cannot remember how many packs I used then?

It is 2 pkgs of cake and you need to cook them seperatly I believe you cook at 350 for 1 hr but I am not 100% sure. Good luck with the cake, if it is different on cooking times I will let you know. Also when they are done cooking you cut the bottom of the 2nd cake so the dress is longer hope that makes sense.

So you have 2 batter bowl cakes that you stack after baking them?!? That would seem awefully high or tall !!???!!! Sounds odd! Can someone confirm this Please!

I pulled out my batter bowl product care card and here is what is says:

2 packages of cake mix and 4 cups of prepared frosting.

Prepare one cake mix according to package directions. Bake in 325 degree oven for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes. Loosen cake and gently turn out onto cooling rack. Cool 3 hours. Repeat with remaining cake mix to make a second cake.

To assemble cake, trim off rounded bottoms of cakes to level. Slice off 2 inches from large end of one cake and arrange on serving platter to serve as bottom of doll's skirt. Wrap and freeze unused top portion for first cake for later use.

Frost sides and top of cake on platter, top with second cake. Frost second cake, Wrap top of doll with ribbon or lace; secure in back with pins. Insert doll into cake. Decorate skirt as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

you need to cut the bottom off of the cake so you only have about 1/4 or a little more of the 2nd cake and it is 325 for 1 hr 10 mins to 1 hr 15 mins. If I dont make sense then you can also look under product use and care and put in doll cake and it will also tell you.

Hmm, thanks! Glad I asked, otherwise I think I would have just used 1 mix for the cake and it would have been to short for the barbie doll~ I guess!

thanks~

Sounds like I may need to pratice this one once or twice before before my first shower in August.

Okay I have made this quite of few times and I don't use two batter bowls. If I am doing the cake solely for decoration I use the small batter bowl, and it uses a little mare than half of the cake mix.
If I am making it for some people to eat, I make it in the large batter bowl, and that is 11/2 cake mixes. To use two batter bowls is too much work for me!

Ok, I just finsihed my shower. I used 1.5 mixes at one time to save on an hour of baking time! It worked and it rose to the top after it was done baking.

The doll cake frosting didn't turn out so great looking though because I used Frozen Whipped topping and it was too hot outside and it wouldn't do those "whips" like it's supposed to do when doing the Baked Alaska topping it just kind of sagged with how hot is was today 100 or so in San Diego! But everyone liked it none the less! ANd now I know I can bake 1.5 mixes at one time now!

I bake it in the large batter bowl for almost 90 mins using 1 3/4 boxes or 2 boxes depending how it looks.

1. What is a "Batter Bowl Bride Cake?"

A "Batter Bowl Bride Cake" is a popular dessert recipe that uses a batter bowl to create a unique and whimsical cake in the shape of a bride. It is often made for bridal showers, bachelorette parties, or wedding receptions.

2. What ingredients do I need to make a "Batter Bowl Bride Cake?"

The ingredients for a "Batter Bowl Bride Cake" may vary depending on the specific recipe, but typically it will require flour, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt. It may also require icing or frosting for decorating the cake.

3. Can I use any type of batter bowl to make this cake?

While any type of batter bowl can technically be used, it is recommended to use a glass or ceramic batter bowl for the best results. These materials distribute heat evenly, resulting in a more evenly baked cake.

4. How do I assemble and decorate a "Batter Bowl Bride Cake?"

To assemble the cake, you will need to stack and layer the baked cakes, using a filling or frosting in between each layer. Then, you can decorate the cake with icing, fondant, or other decorations to create the look of a bride. There are many tutorials and videos available online for step-by-step instructions and inspiration.

5. Can I make a "Batter Bowl Bride Cake" in advance?

Yes, you can make the cake layers in advance and freeze them until you are ready to assemble and decorate the cake. However, it is recommended to decorate the cake closer to the event to ensure it stays fresh and looks its best.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • Sk8Mom209