• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making cakes in the Small Batter Bowl?

In summary, Cheryl is looking for advice on making a cake in the small batter bowl. She is also considering using different sizes of batter bowls and using doll picks to decorate the cakes.
pamperedbecky
Hi everyone,
I'd love to hear if anyone has experimented with doing cakes in the SMALL batter bowl. My son's 5th birthday is this Saturday and I want to make him a snowman cake. Kind of like the ones PC has shown us with the Prep Bowls, but I want it to feed more people, so I was thinking I could do the same idea, but using three Small Batter Bowls. I wasn't sure how much cake batter to put in them, how long to bake them, etc. Has anyone done this? I've made the doll cake with the Classic Batter Bowl and I know I can improvise, but just thought I'd pick everyone's brains.

Thanks for any tips!:) I'll be sure to post a picture if it turns out. I will probably slice them in 1/2 or 1/3 and put filling/frosting in the layers, much like the Baked Alaska Cake. Otherwise that's just too much dry cake in there.

Thanks!:D

That sounds really cool!
Please post a picture if you do it.
I have mad cake in all the batter bowls and It takes less than a full box. I just put the extra in prep bowls. I don't know how you will get them to stack. If you can't post a pic then please email me one.
email is Cheryl batcher and I'm at yahoo . com
Thanks

I'm actually not going to stack them (although that would be cute, but impossible to cut), I'm going to lay them out in a row next to each other. It'll look like an "8" with an extra circle on the top or bottom. I'm planning on doing it on the new white SA platter with handles although now I'm thinking that all that white will really blend in together. Hmmmm, maybe I'll lay some type of colored something down or spray it with some of that decorator spray first before I put the cakes down.

Just a side note...I always share the Batter Bowl Barbie Cake idea at shows. One of my hostesses actually did it and emailed me a pic to show. Anyway, I had someone a while back suggest making individual cakes for the girls a tthe party in prep bowls and then getting cheap dolls at the dollar store and have each girl decorate their own barbie cake to take home. How cute would that be!?

I've not made a cake in them yet....

Tara1021 said:
Just a side note...I always share the Batter Bowl Barbie Cake idea at shows. One of my hostesses actually did it and emailed me a pic to show. Anyway, I had someone a while back suggest making individual cakes for the girls a tthe party in prep bowls and then getting cheap dolls at the dollar store and have each girl decorate their own barbie cake to take home. How cute would that be!?

You can get doll picks at Michaels - it's the top half of the doll. I have mini-doll picks for the prep bowls - too cute!

I have made the cake in the small batter bowl using half of the batter from a box of cake mix. The bowl would have held more - maybe 3/4 of the batter.

You can also use a Jiffy-brand mix in the small batter bowl. It's half the size of a standard mix.
Or use 3/4 of a standard and a few cupcakes with what's left. :D

Thanks everyone! I did remember I made a baseball cap cake in the small batter bowl for my son a few years ago for his birthday. I just don't remember how long I baked it. We'll see how it goes.:)

Ok, here's the Snowman Cake I made for my son's 5th birthday yesterday. It's not the best and I could have decorated it a little better (like adding a top hat or decorations to the platter), but it was fun and my son liked it! You can't really see it, but I made hair with those pull-apart licorice, as well as a scarf.

Attachments

• snowman cake for web.jpg
    snowman cake for web.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 529
Tara1021 said:

I'm planning on doing this for my daughter's birthday in February. I'm making a doll princess cake in the BB for adults & making smaller cakes for my daughter & nephews in the prep bowls.

pamperedbecky said:
Ok, here's the Snowman Cake I made for my son's 5th birthday yesterday. It's not the best and I could have decorated it a little better (like adding a top hat or decorations to the platter), but it was fun and my son liked it! You can't really see it, but I made hair with those pull-apart licorice, as well as a scarf.

Very cute, Becky! Great job!

Thanks! :D

I'll try to post the doll cake I made in the Classic Batter Bowl for my daughter's 2nd birthday back in September. I keep having to majorly shrink the pictures, which I can't seem to do easily.:eek:

pamperedbecky said:
Thanks! :D

I'll try to post the doll cake I made in the Classic Batter Bowl for my daughter's 2nd birthday back in September. I keep having to majorly shrink the pictures, which I can't seem to do easily.:eek:

My daughter will be 2 in February. Must be a popular age to make a doll cake!

Let's see if I can shrink the doll cake enough........

Attachments

• doll cake for web.jpg
    doll cake for web.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 519
cute snowman and doll cake!!

1. What is the purpose of using the Small Batter Bowl for cakes?

The Small Batter Bowl from Pampered Chef is specifically designed for making smaller cake recipes, such as single-layer cakes or small bundt cakes. It provides the perfect size and shape for these types of cakes.

2. Can I use the Small Batter Bowl for other types of desserts?

Yes, the Small Batter Bowl can also be used for making other types of desserts, such as brownies, bars, and even mini cheesecakes. Its size and shape make it versatile for a variety of recipes.

3. Is the Small Batter Bowl microwave safe?

Yes, the Small Batter Bowl is microwave safe. It is made of heat-resistant glass that can withstand high temperatures. This makes it convenient for melting butter or chocolate for your cake batter.

4. How much batter can the Small Batter Bowl hold?

The Small Batter Bowl has a 4-cup capacity, which is equivalent to 32 fluid ounces or 950 milliliters. This is the perfect size for smaller cakes and desserts.

5. Is the Small Batter Bowl dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Small Batter Bowl is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash it to prolong its lifespan. If using a dishwasher, place it on the top rack to avoid direct heat on the glass.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • aksusan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • jigsmom