• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift

In summary, the Cowboy Chilli recipe can be made with the Small Batter Bowl as a gift. This recipe includes spices that can be replaced with the PC Southwest Seasoning. There are other gift ideas for the Christmas season on Pampered Chef's website.
vick
Hi everyone. I'm new here and have a question regarding the Cowboy Chili recipe that can be given premade with the Small Batter Bowl as a gift.

I know the recipe is an older one so it lists spices in the ingredients. Does anyone know if (of has anyone tried) substituting all the spices in the recipe with the PC Southwest Seasoning?

I'm partnering with a friend who does Stampin' Up to do a Xmas gift project and I thought that in addition to the batter bowl and a ladle, I could add the Southwest Seasoning to the list of products to go with the gift.

Thanks so much for your input.

Vicki

did you know there are other batter bowl christmas things. on consultants corner under products & recipe, holiday 2011, resources, batter bowl gift instructions. There are ways to jazz up the packaging also. Don't know about the substitutions on the seasonings.

If you have time to experiment, you could try replacing the total volume of the assorted spices with the same measure of SW seasoning and see how it tastes.

Cowboy Chilli where did that recipe come from that would be sweet.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't see anything about Batter Bowl gift ideas on Consultants Corner. I'm in Canada so I suspect we have different information on our Canadian Pampered Chef website.

I actually just made a huge batch of chili last weekend so my freezer is full of it, especially because my kids decided they don't like chili this month. I just can't make anymore chili right now! LOL.

Here is some batter bowl ideas that are from 2006 & 2007 that Pampered Chef had.

Attachments

• batter_bowl_display_card.pdf
    718 KB · Views: 765
  • holiday_bb_gifttags.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 728
  • holiday_bb_recipes.pdf
    60.9 KB · Views: 810
These are great thanks

Anyone have the Minestrone Soup recipe and gift cards?

I might have to try the Cowboy Chili this weekend and sub SW seasoning. Will report back if I do.

Here's a Quick Minestrone off CC

Quick Minestrone
Ingredients:
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 small zucchini, sliced
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
2 cups water
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15.5 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup medium shell pasta, uncooked
1 cup frozen Italian-style green beans
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except Parmesan cheese in Generation II Dutch (6-qt.) Oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

2. Serve; sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 1/2 cups): Calories 252, Total Fat 6 g

© 2011 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Here is the Batter Bowl version of the Minestrone Soup:

Hearty Minestrone Soup

Give the gift of a satisfying meal! Simply start with a Small Batter Bowl and layer the soup ingredients inside for an easy and unforgettable gift.

Ingredients for Batter Bowl

¼ cup beef bouillon granules
¼ cup dehydrated minced onions
¼ cup dried parsley flakes
1 T dried basil leaves
1½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 bay leaves
¾ cup dried red kidney beans
¾ cup dried Great Northern beans
1½ cups (6 ounces) dried tri-color cheese tortellini

In Small Batter Bowl, layer ingredients for soup mix (except tortellini) in order listed, gently patting each layer before adding the next ingredient. Place tortellini in a resealable plastic food storage bag; seal and place on top of soup mix. Cover with lid. Attach the preparation directions below and give it as a gift.

Hearty Minestrone Soup Mix

1 recipe Hearty Minestrone Soup Mix
12 cups water
1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, un-drained
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 med. zucchini, sliced, quartered*
2 carrots, chopped*
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese* (* = optional)

Remove tortellini from soup mix; set aside. In Professional (8-qt.) Stockpot, combine soup mix and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer 1½ hours or until beans are tender. Add tomatoes, garlic and tortellini to soup. Add zucchini and carrots, if desired. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving (about 1 cup): Calories 140, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 25 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 840 mg, Fiber 7 g

Shari in TX

Awesome....do you by any chance have the PDF file that has the decorative gift card you attach to the bowl?

skmartin41 said:
Awesome....do you by any chance have the PDF file that has the decorative gift card you attach to the bowl?

Best I can do are the attached Word files. They might not be exactly what you need, but maybe you can tweak them.

I also included one for Hawaiian Cookies that I found somewhere (maybe on this site) and thought would be new and different.

Shari in TX

Attachments

• Batter Bowl Recipes 1.pdf
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,478
  • Batter Bowl Mixes 2.doc
    35 KB · Views: 685
  • Hawaiian Cookie Mix in Batter Bowl.doc
    131 KB · Views: 529
Sorry for the late response. Thank you so much Shari! This is exactly what I was looking for! Happy Holidays!

What ingredients are included in the Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift?

The Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift includes a delicious blend of spices, beans, and ground beef, as well as a batter bowl for easy preparation.

Can I customize the ingredients in the Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift?

Unfortunately, the ingredients in the Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift cannot be customized. However, you can always add your own ingredients and seasonings to make it your own.

How many servings does the Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift make?

The Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift makes approximately 6-8 servings, depending on portion size.

Is the Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift suitable for vegetarians or vegans?

Unfortunately, the Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift is not suitable for vegetarians or vegans as it contains ground beef. However, we do offer a variety of vegetarian and vegan-friendly options.

Can I use the batter bowl for other recipes besides chili?

Yes, the batter bowl included in the Cowboy Chili - Batter Bowl Gift is a versatile kitchen tool and can be used for a variety of recipes such as mixing batter, making salads, or even serving snacks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • quiverfull7
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • raebates