• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I make a Batter Bowl Football Cake?

In summary, Beth in PA recommends making a Batter Bowl cake in the microwave and adding green food coloring to toasted coconut. She also suggests adding the stripes and laces with white.
ChefBeth2
I need to know how to make a Batter Bowl Football Cake. Does anyone have any recipes -- can you make a cake in the microwave with the Batter Bowl? Also, does anyone have any photos of the football cake?

Thanks!

Beth in PA

You might be able to do a cake in the Batter Bowl in the microwave, but I think that the outside edge would overcook (where the batter touches the glass). But never having made one, I'm going to pass on that question. ;)

The football cake itself is pretty easy. Make a Batter Bowl cake and cool it completely. Then stand it on the wide end (like you've got the bowl upside down on the counter) and cut it in half. Start at the top and just slice down to the counter. You'll end up with 2 identical pieces. Lay them down on a platter or foil-covered board with the cut sides down and the wide ends touching. Ice with chocolate or brown frosting and add the stripes and laces with white.

Sorry, no photo!

here's a file I got on here about batter bowl cakes.

Attachments

• batterbowlcakes-ideas.doc
    39 KB · Views: 753
Love the idea but I'm still not "getting it" in terms of how to lay it out. I need a photo!

IMG_2931.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2930.jpg
Hope this helps more. I took the center part of the cake that puffed up and cut it flat so the two halves fit together and then used those parts to round out the ends more.

just turn the cake out cooling it completely and standing on the wide end.....slice in half vertically....take each half and lay it...cut side down....on a serving platter....butting the wide ends together so that each end tapers down like a football or Easter egg.....
hope that helps....

Thanks so much for the visual!!

Add green food coloring to toasted coconut and put it on top of that so it's laying on grass.

That was my trial run too! I made a much better looking one for my best friend's baby shower last year.

I made this for my Grand Opening. One of my guest asked what brand cake mix it was (it was a store brand!) She couldn't get over how moist it was!

1. How do I make the football shape with the batter?

To make the football shape, you will need to use a football-shaped cake pan. If you do not have one, you can use a regular round cake pan and cut the cake into a football shape after it has baked and cooled.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, we recommend using a chocolate or vanilla cake mix to keep with the traditional football colors.

3. How do I decorate the cake to look like a football?

To decorate the cake, you can use chocolate frosting to create the laces on the football. You can also use green frosting to create a football field design on the top of the cake.

4. Can I use a different type of bowl if I don't have a batter bowl?

Yes, you can use a regular mixing bowl if you do not have a batter bowl. Just make sure to grease the bowl well before pouring in the cake batter.

5. How long should I bake the cake for?

The baking time will vary depending on the size of the cake pan you use. We recommend following the instructions on the cake mix box and checking the cake for doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center. It should come out clean when the cake is fully baked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl