• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Cake Storage Solution: Large Bowl in Colander Set?

In summary, a user shared their unusual use for the large bowl in a new colander/bowl set. They used it as a cake storage set by flipping a cake onto the bowl's lid, icing it, and placing the bowl on top to seal it. The lid is strong enough to hold the cake and keep it fresh. This technique was also used with a salad spinner bowl and was praised by others as a smart and practical idea.
vogee13
Just thought I would share a bit of an odd use for the large bowl in the new colander/bowl set. If you make a cake in our fluted pan it can be used as a cake storage set. Let me explain...

I make the Mexican Microwave cake (f/w SB) this morning to take to work. I didn't have the large round platter to use and I didn't want plastic wrap to stick to the chocolate icing. So I flipped the cake out on the bowl's large lid, applied the icing and then placed the bowl on top to "close" the cake up. It worked beautiful!! The bowl does not hit the cake or anything.

One word of advise - wait for the cake to cool to avoid condensation :)

Have a great day!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!!!:D :chef: :thumbup:

COOL! Tx for the tip!

Is the lid strong enough just with your hands under it or do you put it on something solid? I LOVE the idea. So smart. :)

Oh and be sure to bring the new nylon knife with to cut it (since you don't want to hurt your plastic lid.

I've used a regular round cookie sheet and the bowl to the salad spinner in the same way.

I would have never thought of doing that ... thanks for sharing:)

Great ideas! Both with the colander bowl, and with the salad spinner bowl!!

Jules711 said:
Is the lid strong enough just with your hands under it or do you put it on something solid? I LOVE the idea. So smart. :)

The lid was plenty strong. I originally was going to just flip a bowl over the cake on the new silver pan/cookie sheet but that doesn't seal & I am a huge clutz!! That is what I liked about the bowl & lid, it seals tight and kept it fresh throughout the day as everyone ate some.

that is a great idea I am taking the velevet cake to a church dinner and that is a great way to have it travel. Of course I wil;l have to keep tabs on my lid last lid I took it got taken out with the trash. (trifle bowl) Someone did offer to dig through the garbage for me but I couldnt have them do that

Cool. Thanks.

Love the ideas! Thanks for sharing!

What is the capacity of the large bowl in the colander set?

The large bowl in the colander set has a capacity of 5 quarts, making it perfect for mixing and preparing large batches of food.

Are the bowls and colander made of BPA-free materials?

Yes, both the bowls and colander in this set are made of BPA-free materials, ensuring they are safe for food preparation and storage.

Can the colander be used as a steamer?

Yes, the colander in this set is versatile and can be used as a steamer basket. Simply place it over a pot of boiling water and use it to steam vegetables, dumplings, and more.

Are the bowls and colander dishwasher safe?

Yes, all pieces in this set are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the products.

What is the material of the large bowl and colander set?

Both the large bowl and colander in this set are made of durable, food-grade silicone. The non-slip base and handles provide stability and ease of use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
linda0321
Replies
Views
PamperedGinger
  • chefann
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen