• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Cream Social & Mad-Hatter's Tea Party: Demo Tips & Banana Poem

In summary, at a kitchen show, it is recommended to either break up into 4 or 5 stations for guests to participate in making toppings, or have the consultant demonstrate a few things while having everything else ready ahead of time. The consultant should start by showing the Spiced Apple Topping from the Delightful Desserts cookbook, then demo the ULT and Family Quick Stir making a punch, followed by a banana poem and a giveaway prize. The consultant can then continue to demo more toppings or have guests try them out themselves. Various tools should be used throughout the show, including cookware, serving utensils, and kitchen gadgets. Guests should also be reminded to bring a banana for a fun activity. Other drink ideas
DebPC
Staff member
Ice Cream Social or Mad-Hatter's Tea Party. Here's what I have saved in my emails... Mary Jo Oyer-Dir. We did this at our last cluster meeting as if we were at a show and it went well. I have one coming up this week too. I think you need to decide with the hostess if you want to break up into 4 or 5 stations and have the guests participate or if you will pretty much get it all ready ahead of time and just demo a few things. She would know her friends/family better to decide that. Either way, our cluster decided that the consultant should do the Spiced Apple Topping from Delightful Desserts cookbook, first showing cookware etc..., then demo the ULT and Family Quick Stir making a punch, then the banana poem and give away a prize and then break into stations or demo some more yourself and have it all ready. Here's some flyers I did up for that:

Ice Cream Social Kitchen Show
Here's the scoop on a Great Time!

* Call all your guests the night before and let them know to bring a banana. This will also help to find out from those that didn't RSVP, and we'll be doing a fun thing with the bananas!

* I will prepare SPICED APPLE TOPPING showing cookware, apple peeler/corer/slicer, etc.. then we'll have all other ingredients either almost all done ahead with me just showing a little more or if your guests are up to it, they can come up and try things out and help prepare the toppings.

You'll want:

Brownies: shows New Traditions Rectangular Baker, Serrated Bread Knife, Mini-Serving Spatula Vanilla Ice Cream: shows Ice Cream Dipper

Cool Whip: shows Easy Accent Decorator, Medium Scoop

Caramels: shows Small Sauce Pan, Spiral Whisk, Bamboo Spooners

Pineapple slices: shows Colander & Bowl Set, Can Opener, Apple Wedger, Large Cutting Board, Handy Scraper, Bamboo Tongs

Strawberries: shows Egg Slicer Plus, Cook's Corer, Small Batter Bowl, Small Mix N' Scraper

Peanut butter cups, Oreos, Nuts: shows , Food Chopper

Chocolate (just a piece or choc chips): shows Deluxe Cheese Grater, Grate Container

Bananas: shows Crinkle Cutter

Maraschino cherries: shows Small Serving Tongs, Chillzanne Mini-Bowl

Sprinkles, mini m&m's, or mini chocolate chips: shows Adjustable Measuring Spoons

Hot fudge sauce: shows Large Micro-Cooker, Bamboo Spoon Set, V-Shaped Cutter

Chillzanne Platter with Divider (to place toppings in),

Spiced Apple Topping in Delightful Desserts Cookbook: shows Stir-fry Skillet & Lid, Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer & Stand, Utility Knife, Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend, Adjustable Scoop, MeasureAll Cup, Measure Mix&Pour, Nylon Tool Set
*Ingredients: 3-4 Jonathan or Braeburn apples, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon Plus **Spice Blend (I will have), 1/3 cup apple juice, 1 tbsp. cornstarch, 2 tbsp. butter or margarine.

Of course you don't have to have all the above toppings. That just gives you an idea and maybe some you already have at home!

See the back of this flyer for drink ideas!

BACK of FLYER

DRINKS
Here are some ideas you may want to do:

Coffee, tea (iced?)
Wine, beer, margaritas, etc...
Regular frozen juice, punch
1 can Pink lemonade with 1 sliced orange(I do in Quick-Stir Pitcher) Other recipes below:

Sparkling Lemonade
1 can (12 oz.) frozen lemonade concentrate
2 liters (8 cups) chilled ginger ale carbonated soda
1 lemon
1/3 cup raspberries

Iced Coffee Latte
1/3 cup instant coffee granules
1/2 cup boiling water
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
2 cups cold water
1 quart cold low-fat chocolate milk
Ice cubes

REMEMBER PAPER GOODS:
Paper plates/bowls, forks or spoons, cups, napkins

You're all set! Looking forward to a fun show with you!

Here are ideas I put in my newsletter for my consultants:
Ice Cream Social Demo tips....

* Set up stations and have guests do the work after you've explained what they will be using.
* Demo the cookware yourself doing the Spiced Apple Topping (Delightful
Desserts) or Bananas Foster Stir Fry (Casual Cooking), then have guests break into stations as an alternative.
* Here are some of the tools you'll use....maybe you'll think of more.... New Traditions Rectangular Baker, Serrated Bread Knife, Mini-Serving Spatula for Brownies, Ice Cream Dipper with Vanilla Ice Cream, Easy Accent Decorator, Medium Scoop for Cool Whip, Small Sauce Pan, Spiral Whisk, Bamboo Spooners for melting caramels, Colander & Bowl Set, Can Opener, Apple Wedger, Large Cutting Board, Handy Scraper, Bamboo Tongs for Pineapple slices, Egg Slicer Plus, Cook's Corer, Small Batter Bowl, Small Mix N' Scraper for Strawberries, Food Chopper for peanut butter cups-oreos-nuts, Deluxe Cheese Grater, Grate Container for chocolate, Crinkle Cutter for bananas, Small Serving Tongs, Chillzanne Mini-Bowl for maraschino cherries, Adjustable Measuring Spoons for sprinkles-mini m&m's-mini chocolate chips, Large Micro-Cooker, Bamboo Spoon Set, V-Shaped Cutter for heating up and drizzling fudge sauce, Chillzanne Platter with Divider (to place toppings in), Stir-fry Skillet & Lid, Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer & Stand, Utility Knife, Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend, Adjustable Scoop, MeasureAll Cup, Measure Mix&Pour, Nylon Tool Set for Spiced Apple Topping in Delightful Desserts Cookbook, Ice Shaver to shave up some yogurt. ***Total so far $835.75!!!!*** You can still add on more I'm sure and cross-sell a ton of stuff too!

Quick Tips to add into your
Ice Cream Social Demo

* Add 2 tbsp. of your favorite flavored ice cream syrup to 2 cups whipped topping and pipe onto desserts.
* Pack serbert into Bread Tubes and freeze. Wrap warm dish towel around to loosen and slide out and slice and place in your party punch bowl.
* Use Bread Tubes to cut out cookie shapes and bake on a flat Baking Stone. Pack favorite ice cream in same Bread tube, push out and slice. Place ice cream slices between two shaped cookies; roll in chopped nuts, if desired. A less expensive and better treat for kids instead of store-bought ice cream sandwiches.
* Save money on ice cream toppings by chopping your oreos or peanut butter cups with the Food Chopper.
* Use the Crinkle Cutter to cut slices of ice cream in the half gallon rectangular containers. Just tear off the container, place ice cream on cutting board and crinkle cut away!
* Freeze your favorite yogurt into Ice Shaver tubs. Shave and top with fresh fruit.
* Use the Vegetable Peeler to make chocolate curls for topping desserts.
* Place a piece of plastic wrap over surface of ice cream that has been opened before putting back into freezer.

Your host tonight will be the judge,
But I'm the one who brought the fudge,
And made all the toppings too,
To make a delicious dessert for you.

Now look at your bananas
And give yourself 4
For having a banana with
10 spots or more.

Now if your banana is a vibrant green
Give yourself a count of 16
And if yours is the longest one
Give yourself 21.

But let's be kind
To the one most short
And give her 10 points
For being a sport

A yellow banana's
the best to eat
It will give you 10 points
Which is a treat.

Now if yours is bruised,
Softened or brown,
Deduct 2 points,
What a let down.

The one who has the longest stem
Gives you easily another 10
But if your stem is tattered or broken
Take 2 points as a little token.

If it is a high score
You're looking for
Booking a show
Gives you 30 points more.

Now count your points
And add up the score
The one with the most
Is who we're looking for.

Hope those ideas help.
Linda Brusven

Independent Kitchen Consultant for The Pampered Chef

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your ideas for an ice cream social or Mad-Hatter's tea party. Both sound like fun events, but I think I would lean towards the ice cream social. Who doesn't love ice cream?!I really like the idea of having different stations for guests to participate in. It adds an interactive element to the show and gets everyone involved. Plus, it's a great way to showcase different products and tools from The Pampered Chef.I also appreciate the tips for adding in some quick and easy demos during the show. It's always helpful to have some extra ideas to keep things interesting and showcase the versatility of the products.Thanks for sharing the banana split poem too! It's a fun and creative way to get everyone involved and excited about the show. I'm definitely going to save this for future use.Overall, it sounds like you have a well-planned and organized event. I'm sure your guests will have a great time and learn a lot about the products. Keep up the good work!

Pampered Chef Director

Dear Mary Jo,Thank you for sharing your ideas for an Ice Cream Social and Mad-Hatter's Tea Party! It sounds like you and your cluster had a lot of fun with this theme at your last meeting. I love how you incorporated both the consultant's demo and guest participation into the event. It's always a good idea to discuss with the hostess beforehand to see what works best for her and her guests.Your flyer with all the different toppings and drink ideas is so creative and helpful. I also appreciate the additional tips and suggestions you included in your newsletter. The Banana Split Poem is a fun and unique way to get guests involved and engaged in the party. Thank you for sharing these resources with us.I'm sure your upcoming Ice Cream Social or Mad-Hatter's Tea Party will be a huge success. Your guests are in for a treat with all the delicious toppings and drinks you have planned. Keep up the great work, and I wish you a successful and fun party!

What is the "Ice Cream Social & Mad-Hatter's Tea Party" demo all about?

The "Ice Cream Social & Mad-Hatter's Tea Party" demo is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration that showcases our products and recipes for hosting a summer-themed party. We will be demonstrating how to make delicious homemade ice cream and tea party treats using our high-quality kitchen tools.

What can I expect to learn from this demo?

You will learn how to use our Pampered Chef products to create impressive and tasty treats for your next summer party. We will also provide tips and tricks for entertaining and hosting successful gatherings. Additionally, you will get to taste samples of the treats we make during the demo.

Do I need to have any cooking experience to attend this demo?

No, this demo is suitable for all skill levels. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes and demonstrate how to use our products. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, you will learn something new and have fun in the process.

Can I purchase the products used in the demo?

Yes, all of the products used in the demo will be available for purchase. Our consultants will be happy to assist you with any orders or questions you may have about our products.

Is there a cost to attend this demo?

No, this demo is completely free to attend. We want to share our love for cooking and entertaining with our customers and introduce them to our high-quality products. We hope you will join us for a fun and informative demonstration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • twinkie10
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
Replies