• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Fruit Dip Recipe and Bridal Shower Ideas

In summary, the bride and I will make the fruit dip, the other 2 will make the appetizer, and the husband will have to figure out what to do with the food chopper.
Teresa LM
I have a Bridal Shower for my husband's niece this Saturday. I have been wracking my brain trying to get it all to come together nicely for her. I was trying to come up with some sort of a short demo that I could do with her. I got to thinking that we could have a little "cooking competition" with the cousins that are hosting the shower. I was hoping that we could make a batch of fruit dip to serve with the fruit tray. The bride and I will use the MFP and the other 2 will have to use the Batter Bowl and a whip or whatever other gadgets they might choose to use. I can then explain the gadgets and tell which are included on the bride's registry.

Does anyone have a good recipe? I saw one the other day that started with 2 bananas but of course, now I can't find it. Any other fruit dip recipes would be great.

When doing showers, is there a good "order" of doing things? Should we be do the demo and then, while people are eating they can look at that catalogs and get ready to order or how does this all work? I am clueless! The hosts of the shower aren't being much help either. When I asked if there was something that the Bride and I could make as a demo, they told me that the food is all done. There is nothing for me to do or make or demo or nothing. :cry: We'll see how it goes.....I might have to get a little bossy to get my demo in.

I can't help with the other stuff, but the fruit dip I used at my recent Cool-n-Serve show was very simple. Put several strawberries in the MFP- whizzed them up till they were chopped small. Stir in about 1-cup vanilla yogurt, then fold in 1/2 tub of Cool Whip. Serve and enjoy! YUM!Here is the thread that had a few other dip recipes (it's where I got mine). http://www.chefsuccess.com/f6/cool-n-serve-show-68730/

Thank you. I had gone to that thread but apparently looked on the wrong page. I thought that was where I had seen it. Brain's just not working.

So my director just did this fruit dip for our meeting, and it was crazy-good! 1 part cream cheese and two parts marshmellow fluff.... mix and enjoy.... I personally hate fluff, but this was yummy!

One of my favorites is to use 8 oz cool whip, 8 oz pina colada yogurt & lots of Sweet Caramel Sprinkles.

I had forgotten about one my NED did a few meetings back....she had some cool whip in the well of the C-n-S, and then she drizzled some of the Coconut Lime sauce over it. That's it! It was very good.

1/4 cup Cocomut Lime Sauce to 1 container of Cool whip.. sells the sauce!

I have a bridal shower next weekend and the host asked me to demo an appetitizer because they did all the food. You could make something in the mini muffin pan as your demo while they look at the catalog. I am printing out her registry out and then gluing them to cardstock so that people can just pick up what they want to buy for her and then I will write on the back who gave it to her - she can use them for writing the thank you cards. I also had the host buy the bridal apron as a gift.

We are doing this at a church hall and I am not sure if I am allowed to use the ovens, etc. I have decided to have a fun time with the shower hosts and the bride. We are going to be making the dip in a "cookoff". The bride and I will be using the MFP for ours and the 2 hosts will be using whatever tools they choose (I am assuming a whip?) for theirs. We'll see who gets it done first. Then, I thought we could do a pineapple. Ours cut with the Pineapple Wedger and they can use the knife. We will also chop an onion. The bride will get to use the Veggie Wedger and the Food Chopper and the other gals will have a knife. It should be fun! I am also going to explain what the husband needs to know about the food chopper. "If you come home and Rachel is using the food chopper and making supper and the food she is chopping is starting to look like baby food, you would do best to give her a hug and offer to take her out to dinner!" ;)

What are some ideas for a fruit dip recipe?

Some popular fruit dip recipes include a cream cheese and marshmallow fluff dip, a Greek yogurt and honey dip, and a chocolate hazelnut dip. You can also try a caramel apple dip, a peanut butter and maple dip, or a fruit salsa dip made with fresh fruit and citrus juice.

How can I make a simple and elegant fruit dip for a bridal shower?

A simple and elegant fruit dip can be made by mixing together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and a splash of vanilla extract. For an extra touch of elegance, add a sprinkle of edible gold flakes on top. Serve with fresh fruit skewers for dipping.

Do you have any dairy-free fruit dip recipes?

Yes, there are many dairy-free fruit dip recipes available. Some options include a coconut cream and honey dip, a cashew and date dip, or a vegan chocolate avocado dip. You can also use a dairy-free yogurt as a base for your dip.

What are some creative presentation ideas for a fruit dip at a bridal shower?

To make your fruit dip stand out at a bridal shower, you can serve it in a hollowed out pineapple or watermelon, in individual shot glasses, or in a tiered tray with a variety of fruit for dipping. You can also add edible flowers or herbs for a pop of color and flavor.

Can I make a fruit dip ahead of time?

Yes, many fruit dips can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. However, if your dip contains fresh fruit, it is best to make it the day of the bridal shower for optimal freshness. Always refrigerate your fruit dip until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Gale
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CRuff
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies