• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using New Products With Old Recipe?

I like to try and mix it up each time I do a show so that everyone has a different experience.On Thursday night, my host insisted that I make the same recipe for her again, Tangy pepper pecan brie. I was having a bit of a mind block and wanted to come up with some ideas on how to freshen it up. One idea I had was to make it in the round covered baker and use the tangerine ginger dessert sauce. Another idea I had was to chop pecans with the manual food processor. I was "of course!" when I realized I just had to make this recipe different this time. I just wanted to give the guests (same ones) a great (but different) experience.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I'm having a bit of a mind block. My Thursday night host is insistent that I make the same recipe I have made for her twice before, Tangy pepper pecan brie. I would like to freshen the demo up sith some of the new products...any ideas?

Make it in the round covered baker and use the tangerine ginger dessert sauce. Of course, this is assuming I'm remembering this recipe correctly;)

Or, go crazy and make iindividual ones in the mini pie plates! Or the brownie pan!

Chop pecans with the Manual food processor.

Ohhhh. I like these ideas. It's an "of course!" moment. I just could not think clearly. I just really want to give the guests (same ones) a great (but different) experience. For the baker, should I put top on or leave off? I will toast the bread on another stone...do you think I should season the bread with one of our spices or should I just leave well enough alone?? Its a tasty recipe, I don't want to go overboard.

Is it just because she loves the recipe and wants an excuse to have it? (I would look for excuses to treat myself to brie too!) No way to convince her to "have" the brie but to have you do a different demo? She won't have higher sales if all her same guests are seeing the same demo because they won't want to buy the things they already bought during the last 2 demos.

You could also bring easy veggies to demo other products- like the various wedgers, the MFP, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to be a demo for the recipe. So pull out the recipe and experiment at home...or just read through it and decide if there is a better or newer product that you can use now. Then if there are a couple of other items you really wanted to talk about or demo- figure out how you can do those. For example, last week at my show, we made the Hot Dog Bites. But I knew that I wanted to show the French Fry cutter, the Brownie Pan, and the RCB. I brought some bread in the RCB, ready to toss in the oven, and I brought some brownies made in the pan (didn't have to do that). But it gave me an opportunity to talk about them. The FF Cutter- I just used a potato that the host had and demoed it, and then tossed the potatoes.

I gently suggested another recipe but she is firm on this one. I believe she really likes it. I like the idea about bring some veggies to demo the products on. I will just talk up the products that I am unable to show in the demo.

I used the apricot honey sauce last time I made this. Yum!

Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with a recipe choice. If they like it, so be it! :D There are some consultants who do the same recipe over and over again no matter what and they have huge sales. I know a lot of times I notice the things people order are things I didn't show and only a couple people will buy things that I did show. It's so weird. As long as they are having fun and you keep it interesting, I think you're fine.At least the catalog is new each time, right?! ;) Seriously, take advantage of the catalog and try to cross-sell as much as you can. Take some time to talk about some of the hot selling items, point out our amazing centerfold! :D Play a game or do something different so that it isn't the same exact show as the last one.Have fun and good luck! :)

Thanks everyone for your help with this. You all have given me great things to think and plan with. I appreciate the help.

What Amanda said is true too... some consultants can do the same wreath/ring over and over and have great sales! :)

1. Can I use new products with old recipes from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can definitely use new products with old recipes from Pampered Chef. Our products are designed to work with a variety of recipes, both new and old.

2. Do I need to make any adjustments to the recipe when using new products?

In most cases, you do not need to make any adjustments to the recipe when using new products. However, some recipes may require slight modifications depending on the specific product being used. It is always recommended to read the recipe thoroughly before starting and make any necessary adjustments accordingly.

3. Can I use new products with recipes from other sources?

Yes, our products can be used with recipes from other sources as well. Our products are versatile and can enhance the cooking experience with a wide range of recipes.

4. Will using new products affect the cooking time or temperature?

In most cases, using new products will not affect the cooking time or temperature. However, if the new product is significantly different from the one mentioned in the recipe, it is recommended to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.

5. Can I substitute new products for old ones in a recipe?

It is not recommended to substitute new products for old ones in a recipe unless stated otherwise. Our products are specifically designed to work with certain recipes and substituting them may affect the final result of the dish. It is always best to use the recommended products for the best outcome.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • CAPCnewbie