1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Brie recipe needed (something other then Tangy Pepper pecan Brie)

1. CAPCnewbie

CAPCnewbie Member

I have two open houses this week with other DS companies and for my host this evening, I made the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie which was a huge hit. The first host bought the ingredients and even bought extra for the host for tomorrow night. (they are friends). But as soon as Thursday nights host saw that the brie used a jalapeno pepper, she said no way. I even tried to convince her to try it tonight to see that it was not too strong tasting but she refuses. So she does have the brie but wants a different brie recipe. I will only have time to quickly stop at the grocery store on my way to her open house so can someone please suggest a really simple, great recipe that uses brie??? TIA

Nov 18, 2009
  2. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

That one with the cranberries and apples is so good!! Let me find it!

3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

There's one called Honey-Apple Brie Bites on CC, in the Holiday Recipes at the bottom of the main page. Haven't tried it, but plan to make it tomorrow/today.

Nov 18, 2009
  4. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries
    Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite.

Prep time: 15 minutes

Bake time: 12-15 minutes

1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)

1/4 cup sliced natural almonds

1/4 cup dried cranberries

1 tablespoon packed brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon

1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)

Canapé French Bread , toasted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.

Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb)

5. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries

Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite. Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 12-15 minutes

1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)
    1/4 cup sliced natural almonds
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon (I provide at your show)
    1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
    1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
    Canapé French Bread , toasted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers. Yield: 8 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb) Variation: Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms: Using Food Chopper, chop 4 ounces mushrooms (1 cup) and 1/2 cup seasoned croutons. In Small (8-in.) Sauté Pan, cook mushrooms in 2 teaspoons olive oil 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat; remove pan from heat. Add chopped croutons and 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto; mix gently. Assemble and bake Brie as recipe directs.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

6. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

There are 2 variations to the Tangy Pepper Brie in the SB. I have tried the Brown Sugar one and it was very good, too.

Not sure if it was in the Canada SB:

Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Brie: Substitute 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, patted dry and chopped for the apricot preserves. Substitute 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto for the jalapeño pepper and 1/4 cup pine nuts for the pecans. Proceed as recipe directs.

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie: Substitute 1/2 cup brown sugar for the apricot preserves, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard for the jalapeño pepper and 1/2 cup sliced almonds for the pecans. Reserve 1/4 cup of the almonds. Chop remaining almonds; combine brown sugar, chopped almonds and mustard. Assemble as directed in Step 2; top with reserved almonds. Proceed as recipe directs.

Nov 19, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I love to just slice the brie open, pour in some Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce, put it back together, and back until the brie is melty. :)

Nov 19, 2009
  8. CAPCnewbie

CAPCnewbie Member

I've done that one for a demo last week but in canada we cant seem to find the prepared phyllo shells and its super tricky to work with the pastry. It was good though but too time consuming for me. LOL

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. It looks as though the apple and cranberry one is popular:)

So it will be that one or the brown sugar dijon one.

Thanks!

Nov 19, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

the brown sugar dijon one is good

Nov 19, 2009
  10. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I was just thinking about this combo yesterday and wondering if it was any good. How could it not be though, right?

Nov 19, 2009
  11. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I do this one & add cranberries & nuts The guests go CRAZY!!!

Nov 19, 2009
  12. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

Is the apple cranberry recipe you two posted above published anywhere? TIA!

Nov 21, 2009
  13. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Its from one of the old cook books, can't remember which one.

Nov 21, 2009
  14. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

It is in the Celebrate! Cookbook.

Nov 21, 2009
  15. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

Thank you!

Nov 21, 2009
Have something to add?