• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dessert Skillet Recipe for a Breakfast Show?

In summary, the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake is a great dessert to recommend for a breakfast show. The monkey bread is also a great option, as it is easy to make and people love it.
soulsing
Silver Member
Could anyone recommend a dessert skillet recipe for a breakfast show I'm doing in two weeks? We'll have the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares, but I also wanted to do something in cookware to promote bookings for September. Any ideas? I know there are a lot of chocolate recipes for cakes, but I was hoping to find something related more to the brunch or breakfast vibe.

Thanks!

Don't know if this is what you are looking for - but the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake is SPECTACULAR! (hey - it has fruit....!:D)

OH!

Or very simple - Do Biscuit Bites in the 8" or 10" skillet!

1 Can of Grands Biscuits
1/4 cup butter melted in pan (half a stick)
3 Tbls. Brown Sugar
3 Tbls. Cinnamon or Caramel Sprinkles....or a mix of the two.

Melt butter in pan, sprinkle in sugar and seasoning. Cut biscuits into quarters and toss in pan with butter mixture. Bake at 350 for 18 minutes.

Slide out onto SA plate, and pour any excess butter mixture over the top.

Serve with small bamboo tongs.

This is simple, quick, and easy....and people scarf it down!

You could do a double (or triple, depending on if you have the 10" saute or 12" skillet) batch of monkey bread, AKA cinnamon bites (the cinnamon and sugar version of the garlic bites).

I use the small biscuits that come 10 to a package and quarter them with the pizza cutter. You can usually buy packs of 4 "rolls" of 10 prett inexpensively. I can fit 2 packages in the 8" saute pan, but if you have a bigger pan I would use it!

You beat me to it Becky!

Time for my shower... Yikes, it's 11am and I'm still in PJs!

AnnieBee said:
You beat me to it Becky!

Time for my shower... Yikes, it's 11am and I'm still in PJs!

Yikes! Me too Annie! I keep telling DS I'm going to take a shower....I need to go do it right now!

Thanks! Those are some great ideas :)

Hi there! I have the perfect dessert skillet recipe for your breakfast show. It's a delicious and easy to make Apple Cinnamon Skillet Cake. Here's the recipe: Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
4. Add in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
5. Gradually add in the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, until a smooth batter forms.
6. Fold in the chopped apples and walnuts (if using).
7. Heat a skillet on medium heat and lightly grease with cooking spray or butter.
8. Pour the batter into the skillet and smooth out the top.
9. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This Apple Cinnamon Skillet Cake is perfect for a breakfast or brunch setting and will definitely promote bookings for September. I hope you and your audience enjoy it! Let me know how it turns out. Happy cooking!

1. What is a dessert skillet recipe and why is it suitable for a breakfast show?

A dessert skillet recipe is a sweet dish that is cooked in a skillet, which is a type of frying pan with low sides. It is suitable for a breakfast show because it is a quick and easy way to make a delicious breakfast treat that can be shared with a large group of people.

2. Can you share a popular dessert skillet recipe that would be perfect for a breakfast show?

One popular dessert skillet recipe for a breakfast show is the Apple Cinnamon Skillet Cake. It is made with fresh apples, cinnamon, and a moist cake base, all cooked together in a skillet for a warm and comforting breakfast treat.

3. Are there any alternative ingredients that can be used in a dessert skillet recipe for dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are many alternative ingredients that can be used in a dessert skillet recipe to accommodate dietary restrictions. For example, gluten-free flours can be used to make the recipe gluten-free, and non-dairy substitutes such as almond milk can be used for those who are lactose intolerant.

4. How long does it typically take to make a dessert skillet recipe for a breakfast show?

The time it takes to make a dessert skillet recipe for a breakfast show can vary depending on the specific recipe, but it typically takes around 30 minutes. This includes prep time, cooking time, and any additional time for cooling and serving.

5. Can I make a dessert skillet recipe ahead of time and reheat it for the breakfast show?

Yes, most dessert skillet recipes can be made ahead of time and reheated for the breakfast show. However, it is best to follow the specific recipe instructions for the best results. Some recipes may require different reheating methods, such as using a microwave or oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JenWard
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies