• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Set Menu for Shows: Ideas Welcome!

If you have multiple demos, you would offer 1 main and 1 appetizer, 2 desserts, or 1 main and 2 desserts.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
I was wondering if anybody has come up with what recipes they will be offering for shows?

I am wanting to start offering set recipes all season, but do I offer 1 app, 1 main and 1 dessert or 2 of each? Also, I plan of offering 2 brunch options

Here is what I was thinking (if I did a 2nd I would do this):

App: Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip (Jerk Chicken Nachos)
Main: Fast and Easy Fajitas (Satay Chicken Pasta Salad)
Dessert: Warm Caramel Nutty Brownies (Either Tiramisu or Choc. PB Cup Trifle)
Brunch: Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares or Sausage and Biscuit Frittata

I would love to hear what other people are thinking of, as I have never had a set menu...

Right now I have
Fajitas
seven layer southwestern salad
warm nutty caramel brownies
mocha skillet cake

I will probably take out the salad and add the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad. I'm trying to keep the choices down to a minimum. I was giving several choices and I just didn't like it. I'd still like to give the joice of the jerk chicken nachos so I may add that one. Not sure yet. I'd like to get some takers on the fajitas because I want to sell some DCB's! LOL
God bless,
Amanda

I will be offering fajitas and ritas, 3 cheese garden pizza, and turtle fudge skillet cake.

GourmetGirl said:
I was wondering if anybody has come up with what recipes they will be offering for shows?

I am wanting to start offering set recipes all season, but do I offer 1 app, 1 main and 1 dessert or 2 of each? Also, I plan of offering 2 brunch options

Here is what I was thinking (if I did a 2nd I would do this):

App: Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip (Jerk Chicken Nachos)
Main: Fast and Easy Fajitas (Satay Chicken Pasta Salad)
Dessert: Warm Caramel Nutty Brownies (Either Tiramisu or Choc. PB Cup Trifle)
Brunch: Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares or Sausage and Biscuit Frittata

I would love to hear what other people are thinking of, as I have never had a set menu...

Hi
I started doing this as it does make it easier. I give them an option of 2 for each category. If they choose a dessert to demo I bring an appetizer, if entree I bring dessert and so forth.

I only do one recipe at my shows. Most of the shows I do are anywhere from 20 min to an hour away. During Host coaching I always mention that if they MUST have a second recipe we can, but I prefer to only do one.
I love to offer the rings, everyone loves to have them. I have had the Jerk Chicken Nachos as an option for months and am taking that out this season. In the fall I like to do rings or things with apples. But I like my demo to be easy and simple and fast. Some people have the attention span of a two year old. LOL

which skillet do you use for the skillet cake?

pampered.chris said:
I only do one recipe at my shows. Most of the shows I do are anywhere from 20 min to an hour away. During Host coaching I always mention that if they MUST have a second recipe we can, but I prefer to only do one.
I love to offer the rings, everyone loves to have them. I have had the Jerk Chicken Nachos as an option for months and am taking that out this season. In the fall I like to do rings or things with apples. But I like my demo to be easy and simple and fast. Some people have the attention span of a two year old. LOL

Or worse- the attention span of a gnat! :rolleyes:

I use the 12" executive skillet and I think the turlet fudge uses that one too.

Thank you! I have been deciding which one to buy.

I keep it real simple, I only offer 1 recipe all month long. This makes it sooooo much easier. My kit is packed once at the beginning of the month. I learn at my first show what I have forgotten and fix that, and I am good to go.

I did the cheeseburger salad for 2 months in May and June. I think it's all in the way you present it to the hostess. I am real excited about my choice, tell them they will LOVE it. I haven't had one say no way and ask for something else.

This month, I am doing the Spinach Carbonara pizza. I did a special favor for a fundraiser last week and made a 12 min microwave cake along with the pizza, but that was an exception.

For consultants who have multiple jobs, kids, obligations, this method works great. It has saved my sanity. Sept will be the bread bowl artichoke dip.

I'm waiting until after our Fall Kickoff on Monday to decide....

I'm thinking though that I will be offering the spinach carbonara pizza. I will still offer 30 Minute Chicken, DCB Fajitas, also - along with Power Cooking Shows.

the skillet cake recipes call for the 12 inch, but if you have the 10 inch you can still do them. You will have a little batter left over...use it in the prep bowls.

I plan on selling the more expensive things this season. No more playing around and hoping people will buy the DCB just because I tell them I love it. My goal is to sell 20 DCB and 10 UM between now and December, so I will be offering the Easy Chicken Fajitas recipe someone shared with me the other day. I plan on having everyone make a homemade salsa as well. I want to bring the taffy apple tarts to shows that "need" more then one recipe but I will make them ahead or have the host make them if she has the Mini muffin pan.

I also do 1 recipe a month and will continue to focus on MAIN DISHES. Everyone needs to know how to save time and money feeding their family!!!!I will keeping pushing the DCB fajitas until I start having repeats, then I'll come up with plan B--probably Creamy One Pot Pasta in the skillet as suggested by Chef Ann.

DebbieJ said:
I also do 1 recipe a month and will continue to focus on MAIN DISHES. Everyone needs to know how to save time and money feeding their family!!!!
I will keeping pushing the DCB fajitas until I start having repeats, then I'll come up with plan B--probably Creamy One Pot Pasta in the skillet as suggested by Chef Ann.

I don't do just one recipe a month - but I do only do Main Dishes. I agree - it's a need for everyone, and I get the best sales and bookings when I do a Main Dish.

People say they want a dessert party, but I have found that they don't generate the same sales or bookings as an Entree Show. If someone is insistant on having a dessert, I switch the biscuit bites from garlic/parmesan to Cinnamon or Caramel Sprinkles. Or, I do a quick Creamy Chocolate Fondue - that takes all of 3 minutes to throw together, and then I just put some strawberries and graham sticks around it - 5 minute dessert, and it sells the All The Best!

Can someone please share the Fajita recipe? I plan to use the DCB for most of my shows.

The fajita recipe is on Consultant corner under recipes, and BBQ pork tenderloin

make the pork tenderloin in the baker but change it up a bit...:

Southwest Pork Fajitas: Slice 1 medium onion and 1 medium green bell pepper; arrange evenly over bottom of baker. Add 1 pressed garlic clove to baker. Prepare pork as directed, substituting Southwestern Seasoning Mix for barbecue rub. Slice pork into strips, return to baker and toss with onion and pepper. Serve with warm tortillas. Garnish with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.

What types of dishes should I include in my set menu for a Pampered Chef show?

Your set menu should include a variety of dishes to showcase the versatility of our products. This can include appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts. We recommend choosing recipes that are easy to prepare and use a variety of our products.

How many dishes should I include in my set menu?

We suggest including at least 3-4 dishes in your set menu, but you can always add more depending on the size of your show and the time allotted for cooking demonstrations. It's important to have a good balance of dishes to keep your guests engaged and interested.

Can I customize my set menu for specific dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! We understand that some guests may have dietary restrictions or preferences. You can easily customize your set menu by choosing recipes that are gluten-free, vegetarian, or dairy-free. You can also suggest substitutions for ingredients to accommodate allergies.

Should I include recipes using only Pampered Chef products in my set menu?

No, you can include recipes that use other kitchen tools and appliances. However, we recommend showcasing our products and demonstrating how they can enhance the cooking experience and make meal preparation easier and more efficient.

How can I make my set menu more interactive and engaging for my guests?

Incorporating hands-on activities such as having your guests help with food preparation or using our products during the cooking demonstrations can make your set menu more interactive. You can also encourage your guests to ask questions and share their own cooking experiences throughout the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• urbnk8
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pamperedgirl3