• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chocolate PB Cake: Switching Up a Recipe without a Torte Pan

In summary, the conversation is about a person who wants to make a new chocolate and peanut butter cake but doesn't have the proper pan. They consider using a brownie mix and adding peanut butter in the batter, as well as using Reese's candies and peanuts as toppings. They also discuss incorporating marshmallow and peanut butter in the recipe. One person shares their experience with using Nutella in a similar recipe. Another suggests using peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips. The person who tried the recipe states that it didn't turn out as they had hoped and plans to try again using the "Warm, nutty, caramel brownie" recipe with some modifications.
babywings76
Gold Member
Since I don't have the torte pan set and I'm craving that new yummy chocolate and PB cake, I thought I'd switch up the Warm, nutty, caramel brownies to be with everything Reese's instead. What do you think? Should I do peanut butter in the batter like the torte pan recipe (sorry I can't remember the correct name right now for the recipe), or should I stir in chopped up PB morsels instead of regular choc. ones like the caramel brownie recipe does? Also, should I do the brown sugar in the batter and on top, or skip it entirely? I thought I'd press miniature reese's in when it comes out of the oven and do a PB morsel drizzle over top and cup up just roasted peanuts instead of mixed nuts. What do you all think? :chef:

I'm hearing crickets....anyone out there? :)

That sounds very good. I did a brownie recipe and stirred in Nutell, which is the consistency of peanut butter. I swirled it in the pan, "marble-like", (I hope I'm explaining it clearly). It was fabulous and super moist.

I would definitly put the peanut butter in the brownie mix. Really the only thing missing is the middle layer of marshmellow and peanut butter which I'm still trying to think how to incorporate. I would put the reeses on top. This is a great idea!!!

I have been lamenting the fact that I don't have the torte pan set either. I think you're on to something great! Give it a try -- I may try it myself this weekend barring interruptions from Fay. It sounds yummy. :chef:​

I wasn't able to bake it tonight. But I'll make it tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. :)

There is another thread about the Warm Nutty Brownies and someone had suggested using mini PB cups instead of the rolos. But I don't recall that they suggested changing anything else in the recipe. I wonder how peanut butter chips would be instead of the choc chips??

DH is requesting this recipe again and while I was at the store yesterday, I debated getting the PB cups instead of the rolos to try - but the PB cups were atleast twice as expensive. So I am doing the rolo version again.

So here's what I just made. I'm not thrilled with the results, so I need to try again and do something different next time. I took a brownie mix and followed the directions of preparing the batter just like the torte pan recipe with putting PB in the batter. I put it in the oven just like that, I didn't do the brown sugar and nuts on top. Well, it ended up being really flat and actually a bit overcooked, and I set my timer for the short time. So that kindof stunk. Then I used Reeses miniatures and pressed them in. They are bigger than rolos, but I still left them whole. Then I sprinkled chopped peanuts on top. Well, because there wasn't the brown sugar topping, there wasn't anything for the nuts to stick to. I then did the PB drizzle over top, so that kindof helped keep some of the nuts in place. It tasted okay. You can't go too wrong with chocolate and PB. But next time, I'm going to follow the Warm, nutty, caramel brownie recipe entirely, except just do Reese's instead of Rolos and peanuts instead of mixed nuts and see how that is.

You can't go too wrong with chocolate and PB.

So true! Sounds like a fun experiment.

Thanks for trying the recipe out for everyone!! Sorry it didn't quite work out like you wanted.

1. Can I use a different type of pan for this recipe instead of a torte pan?

Yes, you can use a round cake pan or a square baking dish as a substitute for a torte pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

2. Can I use almond butter instead of peanut butter in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use almond butter as a substitute for peanut butter. It will give the cake a slightly different flavor, but it will still be delicious.

3. Can I make this cake gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this cake gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and checking the labels on all of the ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free. You may also need to adjust the baking time and temperature.

4. Can I add different toppings to this cake?

Absolutely! You can add any toppings you like, such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of caramel sauce. Get creative and make it your own!

5. How should I store leftovers of this cake?

Leftover cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze it for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies