• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Truffles From Holiday Mini-Catalog Question

In summary, these truffles can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 2 months. They do not require any special equipment to make, but a melon baller or small cookie scoop can make shaping easier. You can use any type of chocolate for these truffles, and one recipe makes approximately 24 truffles. Additionally, you can customize these truffles with different flavors or toppings such as liqueur, crushed nuts, sprinkles, or melted chocolate.
babywings76
Gold Member
These are so delicious and really easy to make. I decided to make them for my kids' teachers. Rather than do the mint ones, though, I thought I'd do the peanut butter version. But I accidentally misread the recipe and bought the chocolate PB Oreos instead of the Nutter Butter type of cookie. So, I'm wondering what I want to coat them in. Should I still just roll them in chopped peanuts and drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate? Or should I coat them in melted chocolate and drizzle melted PB morsels? Would melted PB morsels work okay for a coating and then drizzle with semi-sweet chocolate?

If I melt PB morsels, should I add a certain amount of oil to it or will it run and coat the truffles okay?

When I've made these before, I've found that the regular chocolate chips work the best for coating.

What I would do is use a mix of PB and cream cheese for the filling with the cookies, and then coat in chocolate and drizzle with melted PB chips or sprinkle with chopped peanuts.

Thanks Becky! I'll give that a try for my next batch. For this first batch I just did cream cheese w/ the cookies. Then I rolled them in chopped peanuts and then melted semi-sweet morsels and put it in a ziplock and did the drizzle over them. I've got them in the fridge right now getting all set up. I tasted one and it was pretty good. But I like the idea of doing a full coating of chocolate on them like you mentioned. So I'll do that next. Thanks! :)

Can these be made one day ahead?

Yep, I just stick them in the fridge and they are great! :)

1. Can I make these truffles ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, these truffles can be made ahead of time and frozen for up to 2 months. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.

2. Do I need any special equipment to make these truffles?

No, you do not need any special equipment. These truffles can be made with just a mixing bowl, spoon, and your hands. However, a melon baller or small cookie scoop can make shaping the truffles easier.

3. Can I use different types of chocolate for these truffles?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for these truffles. Milk, dark, or white chocolate will all work well. You can also mix and match different types of chocolate for a variety of flavors.

4. How many truffles does one recipe make?

One recipe makes approximately 24 truffles. However, this may vary depending on the size of your truffles and how much chocolate coating you use.

5. Can I add any additional flavors or toppings to these truffles?

Yes, you can customize these truffles with additional flavors or toppings. Some popular options include adding a splash of liqueur, rolling the truffles in crushed nuts or sprinkles, or drizzling them with melted chocolate on top.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic