• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Recipes for Flan & Torte Pans - Try Something New!

In summary, the Torte Pans from Flannery's come with a plethora of recipe ideas and the old one even comes with a recipe book. The Torte Pans are great for making Boston Cream pies and German Chocolate cakes.
ChefNic
I have the old Flan Cake Pans, similar to the Torte Pans, and the old one came with SO MANY recipe ideas...I thought I'd share for those with the Torte Pan... or even if you don't have the Torte Pan set, share it with your guests! They'll see what is so great about them!

There is also a German Choc. recipe-Germ.Choc. Cake, Filling(milk, choc. pudding, whip cream, coconut, pecans, garnish w/strawberries.
Boston Cream pie- yellow cake, Filling (inst. van pudding , milk whip cream) frosting(Sour cream margarine, powdered sugar, melted chocolate morsels, vanilla, and milk

Sundae Cake - devil's food cake, filling(bananas, any flavor ice cream, strawberries, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and optional crushed drained pineapple, and nuts.

I tried to attach the document...let's see if it worked... :)
Hope this helps you all!!

Attachments

• TORTE PAN RECIPE IDEAS.doc
    24 KB · Views: 803
Well, if no one is interested, that's fine... but since I already typed this to share with my cluster...here it is for you all!
Bon Appetit!

German Chocolate (2 Tortes)
German Chocolate Cake (18.25 oz) -bake and cool
Filling:
2 c. Cold milk
5.9 oz chocolate pudding
8 oz. whip cream
1/2 c.shredded or flaked coconut
1/2 c. pecans, chopped, divided
Garnish w/strawberries
~Combine milk and pudding, whisk until thick -about 2 minutes. Gently fold in 2 cups whipped cream and coconut. Divide mixture and spread evenly between cakes. Chop pecans, sprinkle over filling. Decorate edges with cool whip in Easy Accent Decorator.
Make Strawberry fan with Egg Slicer Plus.

Boston Cream pie (1 Torte)
Yellow cake (9 oz) -bake and cool
Filling:
Instant Vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
1 cup milk
1 cup whip cream
Frosting:
1/4 cup Sour cream
1 Tablespoon margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup (3 oz) melted semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
milk

Filling: Combine milk and pudding in batter bowl, mix until smooth and slightly thickened. Whisk in whipped topping. Spread in center of cake.
Frosting: whisk sour cream and margarine. Whisk in powdered sugar until well blended. Melt chocolate morsels in microwave cooker HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Stir into sugar mixture. Stir in vanilla and enough milk until of desired consistency. Spread over pudding. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Sundae Cake (1 Torte Cake)
Devil's' food cake (9 oz) -bake and cool
Filling:
2 bananas,
1 pint any flavor ice cream
4-6 strawberries-sliced
2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 cup whipped cream
Optional: Crushed & drained pineapple…and Chopped nuts

Cut bananas 1/4 in thick with Crinkle Cutter. Slightly overlap slices around edge of cake. Reserve remaining ingredients for garnish. Allow ice cream to sit at room temp. 5 minutes before scooping. Scoop ice cream into center of cake, forming a single layer. Slice strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus. Place strawberries in between ice cream scoops. Drizzle chocolate syrup over top of ice cream. Top with pineapple and nuts, if desired. Place whip topping in Easy Accent Decorator and garnish flan cake.

Thanks! That Boston Creme Pie sounds really good!

You have done me a big favor by sharing your recipes. I will be getting my
Torte pans tomorrow, and am so glad to have recipes to use that have been tested by you, right? Which one is your favorite?

Thanks for sharing!! I think the torte pans are going to be one of the biggest sellers for me this Spring. Everyone I have showed them to so far wants them.

Thanks for posting!!!! German Chocolate Cake is my favorite!!!! I can't wait to try it :D

Thanks for the added recipes! Although I love the idea of the Tropical Rum Cake - I'm not sure how many hosts will want that as a demo - this gives some alternatives to suggest! Plus - it seems that whenever people have a choice, CHOCOLATE always wins!;)

Dear fellow chef,

Thank you for sharing these delicious recipes for flan and torte pans! As a pampered chef consultant, it's always exciting to try out new recipes and share them with our guests. Your German Chocolate Cake and Boston Cream Pie sound absolutely scrumptious, and I can't wait to try them out with my torte pan set. And the Sundae Cake sounds like a fun and creative twist on a classic dessert.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share these recipes with us. It's always great to have a variety of options to offer our guests and I'm sure they will love these as much as I will. Thank you again for your contribution to our pampered chef community. Happy cooking!

Best regards,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I properly prepare my flan or torte pan before using it?

Before using your flan or torte pan, it is important to properly prepare it to ensure your recipe turns out perfectly. Start by greasing the pan with butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking. Then, dust the pan with a light coating of flour, tapping out any excess. This will create a non-stick surface for your flan or torte to easily release from the pan.

2. Can I use a regular cake pan instead of a flan or torte pan?

While you can certainly use a regular cake pan for your flan or torte recipe, the shape and depth of a flan or torte pan is specifically designed for these types of desserts. The shallow, rounded sides of a flan or torte pan allow for even baking and easy removal of the dessert.

3. How do I prevent my flan from getting too brown on top?

To prevent your flan from getting too brown on top, you can cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil during the baking process. This will help to prevent the top from browning too quickly, allowing the rest of the flan to cook evenly.

4. Can I make savory dishes in a flan or torte pan?

Yes, you can absolutely make savory dishes in a flan or torte pan! These pans are versatile and can be used for both sweet and savory recipes. Some delicious savory options include quiches, frittatas, and savory tarts.

5. How do I clean my flan or torte pan?

Cleaning your flan or torte pan is easy! The non-stick coating on these pans makes for easy release of the dessert and also makes for easy clean-up. Simply wash the pan with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners, as they may damage the non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76