• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Iso Recipe for Flan Pans--Peppermint Cake?

In summary, a person met someone at a show who had a recipe for a retired Flan Pan Set. The recipe includes cream cheese, chocolate cake, and peppermint, and may have been on the use and care guide. The person asking for help found some recipes on a forum, including ones for pudding filling and cream cheese filling, and suggested combinations such as chocolate cake with chocolate pudding and whipped cream, or carrot cake with cream cheese filling and crushed pineapple.
chefkathy
I met a guest at a show right before conference who had a recipe for the retired Flan Pan Set. She said it was cream cheese, chocolate cake, peppermint...that's all she gave me. She thought it might have been on the use & care guide.

Anyone have any idea? I tried searching behind CC and came up empty. Thanks!

I found this on Chefsuccess (it's a thread about ideas for the torte pans)...hope it helps :)

Here they are...

I took a look in my old stuff, and I don't have a booklet of ideas (which is what I thought I had), but I did find some recipes that use the old flan pan set. The torte pan set is very similar, but the wells hold 2 cups EACH - the flan set held 2 cups total.

PUDDING FILLING
1 cup cold milk
1 package (4 serving size) instant pudding and pie filling
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed

Sprinkle pudding over milk in Small Batter Bowl and whisk until pudding starts to thicken. Fold in whipped topping. Spread in “well” of Flan Cake. Top with pie filling or fresh fruit.
Makes 2 cups, enough for 2 Flan Cakes.

CREAM CHEESE FILLING
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until smooth. Spread in “well” of Flan Cakes. Top with pie filling or fresh fruit.
Makes 2 cups, enough for 2 Flan Cakes.

SUGGESTED COMBOS
Chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, chocolate shavings, whipped cream
Chocolate cake, pistachio pudding, kiwi and/or mandarin orange slices
Chocolate cake, cream cheese filling, cherry pie filling, chocolate curls, whipped cream
Chocolate cake, peppermint/mint chip/chocolate chip ice cream, fudge ice cream topping
Yellow cake, cream cheese filling, mandarin oranges/ currant jelly glaze
Yellow cake, cream cheese filling, canned peach or apricot slices, currant jelly glaze
Yellow cake, vanilla pudding, cherry pie filling
Lemon cake, lemon pudding, fresh strawberries/blueberries, zested lemon
Carrot cake, cream cheese filling, crushed pineapple, zested carrot
Spice cake, cream cheese filling, apple pie filling, cinnamon, whipped cream

That sounds like an interesting combination! I did a quick search and found a few recipes that might fit the bill. One is for a chocolate peppermint cream cheese cake, which uses cream cheese, chocolate cake mix, and peppermint extract. Another is for a peppermint chocolate cheesecake, which also uses cream cheese and chocolate cake mix. Both of these recipes can be found online with a quick search. I hope one of them is what you're looking for!

Related to Iso Recipe for Flan Pans--Peppermint Cake?

1. What is an Iso Recipe for Flan Pans?

An Iso Recipe for Flan Pans is a recipe specifically designed to be used in flan pans. These pans are characterized by their shallow, round shape with fluted sides, and are often used for making desserts like flan or custard. The Iso Recipe ensures that the cake will have the right consistency and will not stick to the pan.

2. How do I make a Peppermint Cake with Flan Pans?

To make a Peppermint Cake using Flan Pans, start by preheating your oven to the desired temperature. Then, prepare the cake batter according to the Iso Recipe for Flan Pans, adding in peppermint extract for flavor. Grease the flan pans with butter and pour the batter into the pans. Bake for the recommended time, and once done, let the cakes cool before removing them from the pans. Finish with your desired toppings or decorations.

3. Can I use regular cake pans instead of Flan Pans?

While you can use regular cake pans to make a Peppermint Cake, it is recommended to use Flan Pans for this recipe. The shallow, fluted shape of the Flan Pans helps create a unique presentation and ensures that the cake cooks evenly. Plus, the Iso Recipe is specifically designed for Flan Pans, so using regular cake pans may result in a different texture or consistency for the cake.

4. How do I prevent the Peppermint Cake from sticking to the Flan Pans?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the Flan Pans, make sure to properly grease the pans with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter. You can also sprinkle a light layer of flour on the greased pans to create a non-stick surface. Once the cake is done baking, let it cool for a few minutes before gently removing it from the pan.

5. Can I make a larger batch of Peppermint Cake using Flan Pans?

Yes, you can make a larger batch of Peppermint Cake using Flan Pans. Simply adjust the ingredients accordingly, and make sure to use multiple pans if needed. It's important to evenly distribute the batter among the pans to ensure that the cakes cook evenly. You may also need to adjust the baking time, so keep an eye on the cakes while they are in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • VeronicaW
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
VeronicaW
  • cmdtrgd