• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Unlock the Power of Spices, DCB Cakes and Increasing Guest Lists

Small Scoop. Place pats on top of cake mix. Sprinkle Sweet Caramel Sprinkles over the top.In summary, the speaker has shared two successful ideas: using spices as a selling tool at shows and asking for help testing recipes on social media. They also mentioned a strategy for increasing guest lists and shared three recipes for desserts using Pampered Chef products.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Just send this to my team and thought you might get some good results, too.

I have tried a couple of new ideas that seem to be working for me and I wanted to share.

1. Spices - I love our spices and so do most of the people who experience them. I put together a bag of all the spices I could find in my house and brought it to my show last night. I asked one of the guests to put the spices out on the coffee table. We were late starting because some of the guests got lost, but the ones who were there didn't mind. They sat there and smelled and tasted the spices and told each other about them. I'm not sure who would have bought the spices without them being there, but just the orders for spices was around $100. Imagine if you could add $100 to each of your shows?

2. DCB Cakes - I was recently diagnosed with diabetes, so no more sugar for me. But, I like to try out the recipes I do at my shows before they happen! I'm planning to make the Luscious Lemon Dream Cake (recipe below) topped with our new Lemon Sprinkles in the DCB in March, so I needed some guinea pigs to try it out and tell me what they think. I got on Facebook and asked for help. This is my actual post:

I have a problem and I'm hoping my facebook buddies can help me out. I need to test the Luscious Lemon Dream Cake, but I can't eat sugar and my husband doesn't like cake. It is the dessert I'm planning to make at my March shows. I'm looking for someone in the Treasure Valley who would be willing to try it and tell me w...hat they think. An office would be nice because it is a full-sized cake. Anyone want to help me out?
I got two replies. One is a nurse and just picked up the cake on her way to the night shift. I told her I was going to add some catalogs and order forms in the bag (I use the reusable shopping bag to transport DCB's) and she said she would put a catalog show together. The other one is still up in the air, but she hangs out with a bunch of bachelors who don't know how to cook. They're getting together this Saturday and might want me to come over and make it for them. I might just get enough orders through them to put in another show. Keep in mind, I posted on Facebook on Tuesday and have one catalog show and another possible cooking show in just a few days.

3. Increasing Guest Lists - I have been sending out email and voice invites and reminders for my hosts for a while now and get compliments at almost every show. And, I have noticed that hosts are more likely to talk to their friends about the show because they don't feel like they are hounding their friends. I strive for at least 40 on the guest list (local and long distance) and offer a bonus. This is what I say "When your guest list is over 50, I will bring the ingredients for the dessert." They like that idea and about 75% of them have been giving me lists of at least 50. I typically do a dessert in the DCB with ingredients that won't break, like eggs. The lemon cake is a good one, cobbler cakes (with our sprinkles on top, of course!) and lite molten lava cakes are great.

Luscious Lemon Dream Cake

1 can lemon pie filling

1 white cake mix

1 ½ sticks butter (not margarine), melted

Spread lemon pie filling on the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker. Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the pie filling – do NOT mix! Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix. Microwave for 10 minutes, then stir. Microwave for another 2-3 minutes. Frost with cream cheese frosting or serve with ice cream or our Lemon Sprinkles.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake LITE

One box of chocolate cake mix
12 oz. diet soda
1/2 can chocolate frosting

Mix the cake mix and diet soda in the Deep Covered Baker with a whisk. Use the Small Scoop to dollop 1/2 can of chocolate frosting on the top. Microwave for 12 minutes.

Cobbler Cake

1 box Yellow cake mix (not butter recipe)

1 can peach pie filling

1 stick butter (not margarine)

Pampered Chef Sweet Caramel Sprinkles

Place dry cake mix in the Deep Covered Baker. Layer the pie filling over the cake mix. Slice the butter into pats using the Egg Slicer Plus and place on top of the pie filling. Do Not Mix. Place the lid on and microwave on High for 10 minutes. Stir and replace lid, microwave for another 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle Sweet Caramel Sprinkles on top and enjoy.

Other combinations:

Dark Chocolate cake mix, cherry pie filling and Sweet Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkles.

Yellow cake mix, apple pie filling and Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles.

Oh, the ideas are "new" to me.

Thanks for sharing Kate!

1. What are some common spices used in cooking?

Some common spices used in cooking include salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.

2. How can I use the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) to make cakes?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile tool that can be used to make cakes by simply following a cake recipe and placing the batter in the baker. The baker's lid helps to trap moisture and create a moist and evenly baked cake.

3. How can I increase my guest list for a Pampered Chef party?

One way to increase your guest list for a Pampered Chef party is to offer incentives for guests who bring a friend. You can also utilize social media to promote your party and reach a wider audience.

4. What are some benefits of using spices in cooking?

Using spices in cooking can add flavor and depth to dishes without adding extra calories. Spices also have various health benefits and can be used to create unique and delicious flavor combinations.

5. Can I use spices in desserts?

Yes, spices can be used in desserts to add a warm and flavorful touch. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are commonly used in desserts like apple pie and pumpkin bread, while cardamom and saffron can add a unique twist to traditional desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
  • pchockeymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smart2cook
  • kam