• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Customer's Cookies Stick to Her Stoneware

In summary, cookies that are baked on a stone usually stick to the stone. The best way to remove them is to use a mini serving spatula or large serving spatula before they cool. The parchment paper makes it easier to use the stone.
beepampered
I have a customer whose cookies stick to her stoneware. She has used stones for years and they are seasoned. Crescent rolls, pizza and other items do not stick. It doesn't matter if they are hot from the oven or cooled - they stick. I told her to clean with a baking soda paste but thought someone here might have other suggestions? Thanks.....

I wish I do... Mine stick too =( And I even seasoned it before use (I'm not patient!) :)

Have her use parchment paper for the cookies?

She needs to remove them before they cool. The best tool is the mini serving spatula or large serving spatula for large cookies. Line up the cookie and then quickly jerk it under the spatula before moving it. If they cool on there, they become one with the stone.

cmdtrgd said:
She needs to remove them before they cool. The best tool is the mini serving spatula or large serving spatula for large cookies. Line up the cookie and then quickly jerk it under the spatula before moving it. If they cool on there, they become one with the stone.

Hmm, maybe that explains the problems I've had for years with stones. Thank you for the information.

no prob...I think I just make too many cookies at once and can't wait for them to cool before taking them off the stone for the next batch...maybe that's where some of the extra weight comes from...naw

I have found this too, that removing ANYTHING before the stone cools makes it a lot easier to scrape off later.

She says that she has tried taking them off as soon as they come out of the oven and they still stick. They didn't used to stick so it's something that changed.

Using parchment paper seems to be so wasteful. I mean, if I had to buy something extra in order to use my stone, I'd just use my nonstick cookware. I like stoneware, but I don't like extra work/expense.

Thanks for your thoughts and I'll tell her to take them off when HOT.

For me, the parchment paper makes using stoneware EASIER! Before I had stones, I would line up 6 metal cookie sheets and drop the cookie dough onto it. Then I'd always have one ready for the oven. NOW, I line up the parchment paper on the counter and transfer from counter to stone using the cooling rack. Works wonderfully (OH! And for those with a small kitchen, like me, the cooling racks help make "extra counter space" if you put them over the sink!!!!)

I never thought about scooping them all out at once! I LOVE this board!!

I think the trick with cookies is to time them for 3 minutes after you take them out of the oven, then remove them from the stone. I always use the mini serving spatula too and it works great. If you try to move them immediately after you take the stone out of the oven, cookies will just fall apart. 3 minutes gives them time to firm up a little but not "become one with the stone";)

1. Why are my cookies sticking to my stoneware?

There are a few reasons why your cookies may be sticking to your stoneware. It could be due to not properly seasoning your stoneware, using too much butter or oil in the dough, or not preheating your stoneware before use.

2. How do I properly season my stoneware?

To season your stoneware, you will need to rub a small amount of cooking oil onto the surface of the stoneware. Make sure the oil is evenly distributed and then bake it in a preheated oven for 20 minutes at 400°F. Let it cool before using it for baking.

3. Can I use cooking spray on my stoneware instead of oil?

No, we do not recommend using cooking spray on stoneware as it can leave a residue that will cause sticking. It is best to stick with using a small amount of oil for seasoning and greasing your stoneware.

4. How do I prevent my cookies from burning on the bottom?

To prevent your cookies from burning on the bottom, make sure to preheat your stoneware before placing the cookies on it. You can also try lowering the baking temperature by 25°F and increasing the baking time slightly.

5. Can I use soap to clean my stoneware?

No, soap should not be used to clean stoneware as it can absorb into the pores of the stoneware and affect the taste of your food. Instead, use hot water and a scraper or brush to remove any residue. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on your stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Geekgirl69
  • Products and Tips
Replies